EnviroCoolers - Mounting and Power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like one. Posted in them other thread also

I got my cooler at LR. Thanks for going through the trouble of get this cooler home.

Once again, a big thanks for putting this all together! Over and above the call of duty for sure.

I ordered an AC pack today, I'll report back when I try it out.

Seeing as we have a few dozen of these floating around I think we need to have a custom cooler contest. Winner is the guy or gal that decks out their cooler with the coolest design.

Mine came with both adapters, and I plugged them in and tested prior to purchase. That was back in April or may, when they had a lot more. The plug/connector that goes into the cooler is the hard part to find. Any 12volt ac/dc adapter that puts out 5 amps total should be sufficient.

Been bummed about not being at expo this weekend and then came across this thread. Immediately ran over to the ReStore warehouse, great find :beer:

08DE8F28-5863-4B70-BEFE-974A8D00ECFE.jpeg

http://fpsc.twinbird.jp/legacy/manual_SC-UB04_1702.pdf Just putting this out there for future reference. Willing to bet it might just be a dip switch setting.
I saw that as well--was hoping that I could simply set the switches at the highest voltage (coldest setting I think) and then add in a potentiometer between CN8 and the motor to control the temperature. Add in a couple reference marks and a round hot/cold sticker and it should be set. I just have to figure out which switches to switch without burning things up.

Took mine apart. Keypad had all the buttons to make it work if you wanted to solder in an Led and two buttons. Trying to terminate those didn't work though. They have it programmed to do one single function. Basically we would have to reprogram the chip on the main board to give it the full functionality of the higher end model. In this case just way too much work.

@promofzj80 Here is the thread I referenced yesterday!

Has anyone tried yet to use these coolers, and left them plugged into the truck power overnight, then see if they weakened the battery beyond starting power? If not, I may do that at home, see how they work. My concern, caption obvious here, is what happens when I go camping with the fridge, powering all day, stop driving around 6, and the not power the truck again for 12 hours with the fridge drawing power.

I have used mine for at least four days in a row, plugged in the whole time. At least 36 hours straight without starting the truck to re-charge and still no battery drain. I think that at the rate it draws, it would take a week or more sitting stationary to pull the battery down. You won't have any issues, Izzy.

I have used mine for at least four days in a row, plugged in the whole time. At least 36 hours straight without starting the truck to re-charge and still no battery drain. I think that at the rate it draws, it would take a week or more sitting stationary to pull the battery down. You won't have any issues, Izzy.
Awesome, thanks! Now, if Nate would weld me a nice frame for it, so I can plug it in and store the fish he is going to get me.....

One thing I have been doing for weekend trips with my Envirocooler is to freeze three or four water bottles and toss them in with my other pre-refrigerated or room temperature beverages to give the cooler a little boost. My temps stay right around 3.4 with very little fluctuation. Overall I am really impressed with the Envirocooler. It's quiet and super efficient. It seems to be insulated fairly well too. We packed it full of stuff when we left the beach to come home a couple of weeks ago, and like a dummy, I forgot to hit the ON button. Ava's frozen popsicles were still frozen solid four hours later when we got home and unpacked and I realized what I had done.

@Izzyandsue - Ditto what @roadstr6 said, these things don't pull much power at all. I didn't charge my house battery for 7 days with the cooler running (full of beer) and it's still over half charge (group 31). I think they pull around 4 amps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom