Intake manifold part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know this part name? Broke plastic tip off when removing vac line..

IMG_0973.JPG

image.jpg
Here you go!

Hey guys for anyone who breaks a small plastic piece of abs. I might have a solution. I will verify this works after testing.

LX450GUY, After taking a look at the photo of your engine, your next project needs to be your heater hoses. From the photo i can see that those hoses still have their original factory hose clamps. So that means that those hoses are 20 years old, change your heater control valve too, it's hose ends are probably rotted. While your doing this job, don't forget your PHH, I'm sure it's original too.

LX450GUY, After taking a look at the photo of your engine, your next project needs to be your heater hoses. From the photo i can see that those hoses still have their original factory hose clamps. So that means that those hoses are 20 years old, change your heater control valve too, it's hose ends are probably rotted. While your doing this job, don't forget your PHH, I'm sure it's original too.
I had thought about that. The exterior of the hose looks ok. No leaks. I know it's 20 years old. I already bought a replacement valve. The one I have is oem denso and still works. The guy I bought it from had a hose burst while driving not sure what hose it was but something was replaced. You think I should change it all out thought while I'm under operation? Also I'm going to crawl under there and send you guys a picture of the oil cooler line (I think it is the oil cooler line.) there is a small part that has rubber connecting it to a bracket. I can see the bracket is ripped but I'm not sure if it is causing a leak and is under pressure or the rubber hose around metal cooler line is simply for stabilizing .

Also I'm trying to chase down a pretty bad oil leak from the front side of engine. It comes out heavier trickle when motor is running. I think it's the oil pump gasket/seal.

Also the heater valve I ordered is aftermarket so I was kind of reluctant on changing my oem one although it is 20 years old... I really like my oem parts but money is tight

Just as an FYI, your heater control valve can look brand new on the outside, but be rotted on the inside, so never go by what it looks like. That item you think is a oil cooler, if it looks like a giant paper clip, then that's your power steering cooler. The other item it could be, is the clamp (goes around a U shaped metal tube) that holds your power steering hose to the frame. As for your oil leaks, a few common places for leaks are the power steering hose, power steering pump, front balance seal, and the oil pump cover. In the case of the power steering pump and hose, the oil leaking from it will be ATF, since it's red in color it should help you tell if that's the source of your leak. The cover on the oil pump* is held on with Philips head screws, before you try to remove them, MAKE SURE you use the right sized bit. Once you've removed the Philips head screws, do not reuse them, replace them with Allen head screws, makes doing the job next time alot easier. *Do a search here on Mud, there is a real good thread that has photos, that walks you through doing this job, plus it tell you the correct size Philips bit to use. Here's a link to that Mud thread. One last thing, and this is VERY IMPORTANT, when you put the balance bolt back on it takes 304 FT pounds of torque.
How to Replace Oil Pump seal w/ Pics

Last edited:
Good stuff. Anyone know what size diameter and length I will need to replace the phh location. Decided to do it.

Good stuff. Anyone know what size diameter and length I will need to replace the phh location. Decided to do it.[/QUOTE
Your PHH is the same size ID as your other heater hose's (5/8) the PHH hose is about 2 inch's long. Before you start this job you need to read threads by other members on how to do your PHH, there's a few tricks to doing this job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom