August run at Deer Valley-Trail Leader Mark riding with Paul. We're a GO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN 08/26/17

Trail: Deer Valley

Description: Deer Valley is a trail suited for mildly modified rigs, if you can make it past the gate keeper you should be fine for the rest of the trail. Deer Valley will have just opened August 3 and has been closed for many(5?)years. It is one of the most beautiful trails in the Sierras.

Date: Saturday, 8/26th with camping on the 25th-Friday night.

Leave Time: 8:30 am

Meeting Location: Hermit Valley Campground off Hwy 4
Click here for Directions

Trail Difficulty:Mostly 1-2 some sections of Deer Valley 3
Optional camping on Friday and Saturday night for those who want.

Duration of Run: Sat.

Tread Lightly / 146.460

I'm in! And I plan on camping Friday and Saturday night.

I will update and post pictures of Rubithon later today for those wondering about my broken birf :mad:

Also if your on the fence about taking your rig because of its build status, talk to me. We just took a 2015 4Runner through the Rubicon and it was on 32s.

I hope we get a good turnout!

I'm out for this run. My rig is down with a busted t-case:cry:. Hopefully someone will step up and get you guys thru this trail. It is a must do.

I'm out for this run. My rig is down with a busted t-case:cry:. Hopefully someone will step up and get you guys thru this trail. It is a must do.

Dang Bro.
You wanna ride in the 80? Its got a lot of room...and a fridge:grinpimp:

So we are just camping Friday night. I think some had thought they would camp Saturday night. Now just friday.

Just noticed where the Tahoe Hi-Los went thru and opened the trail. One great thing was they cut out a BA tree that was across the trail.

I'll be at hermit valley Friday night.

Ok, we have two camping on Friday night at Hermit Valley:clap:. I should be there around 7 or 7:30pm. Strict leave time at 8:30am on Saturday Morning. Hope others can join. I have a fire permit but fires allowed only in designated campgrounds in fire ring:cool:. Sooo maybe.

Well another BBCNN run that went of without a hitch. Well just a slight overheating problem that was fixed with a few water bottles and a turn of the hose clamp screw. Camping was awesome as usual with the stars in full glory with no moon out. At 3:30 I heard a bang that woke me up. Thinking bear I retrieved my knife from the car and hunted with my free harbor fright flashlight. Didn't see a thing and fell asleep cradling my knife. Trail was in amazing condition:) with most of the same obstacles and some new ones in between to keep you on your toes. The weather was great and the trail was done by 11:20.:steer:
Steve and his son Clayton were able to run it in his new to him mini flat bed on 35s. Paul in his fj40. Both made good work of the trail. Didn't get any pics. Maybe the others did?

Clayton and I had a great time! Hope to go out with you again.

22185.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom