Kubota Tractor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, a search did not bring up anything and I am hoping this is the right place for this. Anyway, I am going to look at a tractor this week for my personal use, landacaping, some stumping, etc. I have found a Kubota L2850DT with 1520 hours on it for about 10K. SO what are your thoughts, what should I be checking or looking at and does this sound reasonable. (it does to me) It has a loader and a backhoe.

Sounds like a good price to me with that equipment. Quick search shows similar prices for that tractor with 2000 hours and no backhoe. Just like with a car, ask some questions about service performed. I beat the crap out of my 40hp New Holland, but I keep it maintained well, and it is continuing to serve me well with a little over 1000 hours on it. IMO there should be no leaks of hydraulics, etc with that few hours on it.

if you are trying to check prices go to tractorhouse.com, probally one of the biggest internet tractor resources

Kubota is the Toyota of tractors IMO; costs more initially but last forever if maintained, and have good resale value. I have two Kubota tractors right now, bought one used and the other new and neither one has ever needed any service except routine maintenance, they always start and always work. One of them is 4WD and has a diff lock. :cool: Loaders and backhoes are expensive pieces of equipment so yeah it sounds like an OK deal with those thrown in. You might check with a dealer though, I got my new one on a super deal because it was a discontinued model that they wanted off the lot.

Also, this is a super good group for smaller tractors that was originally a Kubota forum so there is tons of good info and reviews there: TractorByNet.com

Thanks Guys, my search continues. there was not a piece of sheetmetal that was not dented, cut off or filled with plastic and repainted. It looked like it went through a war zone and lived to tell about it. I wonder just how well it was serviced with the life beat out of it like that. Will continue to look...

If you find one you like, get an oil sample done. A sample will tell you what is going on with the motor. Operate the tractor. See if all the bushings and pins in the implements are tight. If they are tight the equipment has been greased and taken care of. Check the hour meter. Make sure it is original. I was at an auction looking for a backhoe. I found a good cat backhoe and looked in the cab at the hour meter. The hour meter was john deere.

Old thread. But I have 2 Kubotas, both L series. Great tractors and are workhorses. I'll probably sell both and get a larger one.

Old thread. But I have 2 Kubotas, both L series. Great tractors and are workhorses. I'll probably sell both and get a larger one.

I sold my big L series kubota and went into a new direction. Bought a CAT mini Ex and Massey Ferguson GC1710. The Cat stays at home and the Massey went to the cabin. Would have bought another Kubota, but the owner of the local place and I don't see eye to eye on things. Kubota are great machines though, never had a problem with mine.

Be aware to research the VIN on the Kubota tractor. A friend of mine bought one with a really good deal. He had to replace a part on it (I forget what it was), but he had to go to a Kubota dealer to get the part.

The dealer plugged in the VIN and it came up as stolen, so the dealer wouldn't sell him the part. So he thought he'd try online to get it. He got blocked EVERYWHERE for dealer-related parts because of it. Basically, he got stuck with a non-op stolen tractor that cost him about $8K. This was about 8 years ago (2011). Don't know what he did about it.

Any feedback on the B-Series? May get a B3200, low hours, bucket and snow blower.

Would be my third 4WD Diesel, though the others are Toyotas, LOL.

Any feedback on the B-Series? May get a B3200, low hours, bucket and snow blower.

Would be my third 4WD Diesel, though the others are Toyotas, LOL.
My little sister offered us a free B7200D, I think it's from the mid-1990's. It came with a house she and bil bought and they did not need the tractor. Less than 25 hp at the pro, but it's used EVERY day of the year to clean up after the horses, and once a week roto-till their output in a large compost pile. With 1400 hours, the only unscheduled maintenance was the pilot bearing. It came with FSM's for the tractor, loader, and tiller. Very easy to work on...3 quarts + of oil and coolant. Only mod I've done is add an engine block heater and battery tender which get used in the winter.

Used Kubota's are like used Land Cruisers...good ones are out there, but they sell fast and not a lot of difference between low hour machine and new. So...we bought a new MX4800 with a loader and pallet forks, only options I added were a block heater, an extra set of hydraulics at the rear, and the FSM. So far (12+ hours) no issues and the hydrostatic drive is fantastic...I can set engine speed to bale hay via the pto, and control ground speed without affecting pto speed.

Last edited:
Should have added...any tricks or recommendations for mounting rear view mirrors...handy to be able to see the baler's intake. So far, the ROP's frame looks like the place.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom