2003 Land Cruiser Build & Adventure Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fun trip. Wish we would have time to have gone up Sandstone too. It's been a long time and it's a nice canyon. Potluck dutch oven cooking was calling and I barely got my dish done in time! Why did the dust storm have to kick in right as we were cooking and eating tho!

Gotta get out there more often.

Super getting to meet our AZ friends as well!!! (LandcruiserPhil, ???did't get Jeff's screen name).

Spent the week of Memorial Day in southern Utah.

http://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4841

DSC_1385.jpg

DSC_7548.jpg

DSC_7685.jpg

DSC_7666.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

DSC_7636.jpg

DSC_7708.jpg

DSC_1520.jpg

Forgot to mention, fully loaded for the Utah trip the truck weighed in at 7400 lbs :pig: :eek:. And that's without aftermarket bumpers or skid plates. So much for minimalistic...

Added an ARB 2500 awning using Front Runner RRAC029 mounts. Super solid and easy to setup.

DSC_8732.jpg

DSC_8736.jpg

DSC_8733.jpg

My current ham radio / navigation setup. The laptop tray was just too big for my needs, although the full computer functionality was nice when needed.

Yaesu FT-8800, Garmin 60CSx and iPad mini. I am running MotionX HD on the iPad and the GPS is connected to a Byonics TT4 and Yaesu FT-1500M for APRS (The FT-1500 is also for backup 2m duty). Two coax runs up to the roof using Larsen NMO mounts. With the rack in the way I couldn't mount the antennas to the roof, so I had to fabricate some plates to attach to the rack. Given the lack of a ground plane I had to use half-wave antennas. Antennas are Diamond NR770HB and Larsen NMO-150.

DSC_8744.jpg

DSC_8745.jpg

DSC_8740.jpg

DSC_8742.jpg

DSC_8747.jpg

DSC_8749.jpg

DSC_8750.jpg

DSC_8751.jpg

DSC_8752.jpg

Last edited:
My family and I had the opportunity to attend the first annual "200's in Ouray Event" over Labor Day weekend in Ouray, CO. It was a great group of people from all over the US. Many thanks to Steve, Tammy and the others for extending hospitality as well.

There was a great buffet sponsored by sleeoffroad on Friday, as well as a full weekend of trail runs. We ran Black Bear and Imogene on Saturday, and Alpine Loop / Poughkeepsie Gulch on Sunday.

It was a trip to remember for sure. Already looking forward to next year!

Various trip reports can be found in these links:
"Official 200's in Ouray Event: Labor Day Weekend 2015" (report starts on page 20)
Kreiten's photos from Ouray...
Willy's Moab WRT & Ouray photos
Codyaustin5 200s in Ouray
Steen's 200's in Ouray Pic Thread

DSC_8086.jpg

IMG_7294.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

email9135.jpg

email9262.jpg

email9448.jpg

My family and I had the opportunity to attend the first annual "200's in Ouray Event" over Labor Day weekend in Ouray, CO. It was a great group of people from all over the US. Many thanks to Steve, Tammy and the others for extending hospitality as well.

There was a great buffet sponsored by sleeoffroad on Friday, as well as a full weekend of trail runs. We ran Black Bear and Imogene on Saturday, and Alpine Loop / Poughkeepsie Gulch on Sunday.

It was a trip to remember for sure. Already looking forward to next year!

Various trip reports can be found in these links:
"Official 200's in Ouray Event: Labor Day Weekend 2015" (report starts on page 20)
Kreiten's photos from Ouray...
Willy's Moab WRT & Ouray photos
Codyaustin5 200s in Ouray
Steen's 200's in Ouray Pic Thread

DSC_8086.jpg

IMG_7294.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

email9135.jpg

email9262.jpg

email9448.jpg

Hey! I just noticed you're a fellow San Diegan!

Your Cruiser setup is very similar to my beloved 100 series that I recently sold... Loved that thing...and it's killing me while I wait to build up the 2008 200 I bought in January. I'm lifting it this Wednesday...and hope to add sliders and drawers next. I noticed you have the same drawer setup I had on my 100, and I feel "empty" without them in me 200! Just an incredibly useful mod...

Maybe see you around?
:santa:
Markuson

Hey! I just noticed you're a fellow San Diegan!

Your Cruiser setup is very similar to my beloved 100 series that I recently sold... Loved that thing...and it's killing me while I wait to build up the 2008 200 I bought in January. I'm lifting it this Wednesday...and hope to add sliders and drawers next. I noticed you have the same drawer setup I had on my 100, and I feel "empty" without them in me 200! Just an incredibly useful mod...

Maybe see you around?
:santa:
Markuson

Thanks! I really like the drawers, very useful indeed. See you around :cheers:

I picked up a RAM laptop mount recently.

Looks solid!

Thanks for the pic!

I went to their website and they only show that laptop mount for a Tundra...

I am researching more. I just don't want to mount a 4-screw 1" ball base on the side of my console, lol....

Last edited:
I have been neglecting my build and adventure thread :(.

Heck. I will need to post up my build thread now. Maybe we should change to SoCal 100s!!???

@sdnative,

What mount is that, that you used to mount your iPad, radio and GPS? I need to get me something like that.

The arm and vertical pole is a standard RAM double swing-arm telepole mount. The base that attaches to the seat bolts is designed for another vehicle (not sure which) and happened to work in the 100. The telepole section is designed to be vertical, but in the 100 it ends up being tilted forward towards the glove box. It works ok though and there are no clearance issues, although adjustability is a little bit affected. As far as I know they don't make a system like this specifically for the 100.

The arm and vertical pole is a standard RAM double swing-arm telepole mount. The base that attaches to the seat bolts is designed for another vehicle (not sure which) and happened to work in the 100. The telepole section is designed to be vertical, but in the 100 it ends up being tilted forward towards the glove box. It works ok though and there are no clearance issues, although adjustability is a little bit affected. As far as I know they don't make a system like this specifically for the 100.

Thanks for the info! It’s greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom