What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NOTE the roof rack holders are waiting for me to finish the rack Ive been welding and mount that and MAYBE the Mt rainier I have seems like it would kill my mileage but WTF 30plus days out west and dontbring it?? still thinking that through.
I get very similar mileage on the expressway with or without my RTT. Similar set up on the truck as you (supercharger)

He is planning on selling it soon. He appreciates MrT after being around me and the vehicles I allow the family to drive. I told him if he wants my help in the future, it has to be a Toyota or Lexus.

I can't believe you're allowing your daughter to continue to date him! He clearly has questionably decision making abilities! :rofl: (re: vehicles, not your daughter)

I can't believe you're allowing your daughter to continue to date him! He clearly has questionably decision making abilities! :rofl: (re: vehicles, not your daughter)
He's a great kid, I really like him. He is a bit like a ball of clay to be molded, obviously.

Been running without mudflaps for a bit as it use to always bottom out, but saw a neat 80 in Japan with the stock flaps trimmed, quickly got the dremel out and did the trim
Before:
Mud Flaps-1477 by Shane, on Flickr
Mud Flaps-1475 by Shane, on Flickr
After:
Mud Flaps-1478 by Shane, on Flickr

Just completed the flare, much neater and will still catch some dirt too!

I pmd ya @RFB hit me up I'm close to Moab and ouray show ya some s***
I love ouray, and I most def will do just that, the mudders have been great thus fa. planning n sept 6th ish liftoff 80 W to 94 thru ND to cli, to utah and colorado which is why Ive spent 2 months replacing re wiring and repairing the fj .

Cut/modified my NTWI rear bumper. Made the "bump in the trunk" (3inches) less bumpy.

Which allowed for the tow hitch for hauling my trailer. Then will be removed for extra clearance when wheeling.

52496747896__43AFE8BB-5A7B-42A3-B0CF-C6811D53C9C9.JPG

IMG_8388.JPG

IMG_8389.JPG

Packed up my 80 with just about everything I own and moved to Bozeman MT. From Fort Collins my girlfriend and I took the scenic route through the Tetons and Yellowstone. Before we hit Jackson we stopped at some hot springs and found an awesome waterfall. The 80 had zero issues except for being thirsty like usual and it hit 290k. Great day

If you're going to MSU, you're going to have a blast. I got my degree in ME there, graduated spring 16. If you want any advice on bozeman, good spots to get out of town, msu, etc. feel free to shoot a PM over. Moving out of Montana after 5 years there was a difficult thing to do. That place is amazing. I mean it sucks, no one go there...

Black bear pass is in Colorado. It has beautiful views, but it can get really sketchy with the switchbacks. I've heard as long as you keep a cool head, you'll probably be fine. If you panic and do something stupid, you're probably going to die. I've never done it and I kind of want to but some of the stories have me thinking twice about it. Some of those switch backs have very little clearance to a straight drop off of a couple hundred feet. I probably wouldn't do it unless I went with an experienced group. Definitely do some reading on it first.
I don't see the big deal...

BlackBearJeep.jpg

If I were to describe the word NOPE with only a picture, that'd be it!

You gotta WANT to be on the other side IN THE TRUCK, because I'd walk it before I'd do THAT! Hell no!

That makes my palms sweat just looking at it.

I was showing my wife some pics of another member here and his wife was driving on trails that were about 1-1/2 times the width of the truck and my wife said she would NEVER do that, even with me driving!

I don't see the big deal...

BlackBearJeep.jpg
Im going to hope someone from the area is nice enough to go it with me, hard to get footage alone.

Brought the LX-450 to work today...ended up putting a tow strap on trunk to keep bark beetle kill pondo pig
018.JPG
043.JPG
from rolling into pond...the struggle Is real...;)

Ok Im mapping my trip and colorado montana wyoming are in the path as will cali and arizona so Im going to have to put out my course and fill it in with the best stops and hopefully other mud folk.
Not sure when you are leaving but maybe meet you somewhere on the road as I plan to do the MN-SD-WY-MT and maybe up to Banff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom