What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (97 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welded on new shock mounts and got the rear axle back under the 40.

IMG_9973.JPG
IMG_9976.JPG

20170820_195843.jpg
20170820_163838.jpg
20170820_195910.jpg
Got done with the sealer.

Started putting down the base coat. So far so good.

As much as I enjoyed looking at the engine bay components, I decided to install the painted hood.

After a quick ride to see what it looked like from the driver's seat I parked back in the shop and installed the windshield blocks/hooks.

any excuse huh? :p

Are you certain they're 3.7s? I'm pretty sure my HJ61 axles are 4.11s. I didn't notice any change with my speedo reading when I installed them on my 62.
no, i have not checked them, but from what i believe the japs got 3.7's. everywhere else got 4.11's i think.

Last edited:
full

Got my first FJ45 a few weeks ago! 1978, one year older than me! Had to replace the oil seals in the rear diff and get it all back together and amongst lots of other things going on had only managed a couple of short drives, but finally took it for a decent drive out to work! Loving it :)

Nice truck!
Flip your bezel!!

full

Got my first FJ45 a few weeks ago! 1978, one year older than me! Had to replace the oil seals in the rear diff and get it all back together and amongst lots of other things going on had only managed a couple of short drives, but finally took it for a decent drive out to work! Loving it :)

awesome to see another 45 :D now sort out that bezel :flipoff2:

So if your down under and your bezel is up side down isn't it technically right side up when viewed from the other hemisphere?

Just a thought!

Thanks mate. Yes did notice that. Must be a kiwi thing to have an upside down bezel :)

So if your down under and your bezel is up side down isn't it technically right side up when viewed from the other hemisphere?

Just a thought!

there, i fixed it!
2017-08-19 14.59.11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom