Builds TonyP's Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the oil in the 200. Man it looked rough after less than 5k. And my stock skids are trashed. I had to take a crowbar to some of the areas to get the skid bolts out.

I installed a new hinge on my hatch. Tweaked hatch fixed! It's still a tiny bit off but a hell of a lot better. Plus, it only cost $30. I wonder what I'll do with this $715 check I was given to fix it... FREE FRIDGE!

Before:
20170807_164055.jpg

After:
20170818_185551.jpg

20170818_183647.jpg

Last edited:
Or HD skids.

Can't tell from the pic... Did the hinge come prepainted?

Looks to be zinc plated (like shed hinges) so it shouldn't rust. I'll keep an eye on it though and blast it with paint if it starts to get corrosion.

Hey Tony... About being a little misaligned still... I literally watched the guy at my dealership as he "fixed" mine that was a little off some time back. He adjusted my latch on the tail gate first...but then he noticed the upper hatch that was slightly askew...and he literally just grabbed both corners with it open fully above his head, and gave it several fairly aggressive "bends" (like pushing one corner one way and pulling the opposite corner the other way. He did this several times until it was straight, and voila! No more "askew-ness!"

When I asked him how common that was, he told me they have to do that probably 3 or 4 times a day to various cars, vans, etc. Might give it a go. It didn't require ridiculous force or anything...just enough to give it a good tweaking.

Hey Tony... About being a little misaligned still... I literally watched the guy at my dealership as he "fixed" mine that was a little off some time back. He adjusted my latch on the tail gate first...but then he noticed the upper hatch that was slightly askew...and he literally just grabbed both corners with it open fully above his head, and gave it several fairly aggressive "bends" (like pushing one corner one way and pulling the opposite corner the other way. He did this several times until it was straight, and voila! No more "askew-ness!"

When I asked him how common that was, he told me they have to do that probably 3 or 4 times a day to various cars, vans, etc. Might give it a go. It didn't require ridiculous force or anything...just enough to give it a good tweaking.

I tried a little bit of that but seeing the frame around the rear window flex gave me the willies. Busting that rear window wouldn't be cheap. Plus, it's pretty much spot on as it is. Only maybe a millimeter or two off.

Put in a gas strut, a latch for my 2nd row drawers and found a decent carpet mat at Lowes to top it with (still need to trim and glue it down). Soooo much better than having wood slam on your head and/or hands while you're digging in the storage bin.

Here's the mat for anyone with the stones to remove their second row.
Shop Mohawk Home Rectangular Door Mat (Actual: 48-in x 36-in) at Lowes.com

(those are old uniforms with incorrect rank incase anyone is eye-creeping)

20170819_202020.jpg

TdQtuGi.jpg

Last edited:
:) Nice use of the ammo boxes. .50 I reckon

:) Nice use of the ammo boxes. .50 I reckon

Those specific cans are for M206. :) M206 is the flare used in F16s, C130s, ect... But the can itself is pretty common in small arms like .50 and 5.56 too. I have a few of the larger 20MM cans I might try and use if I can find a spot for them. The amount of 20MM and M206/5.56 cans we go through is wild. At least it was until the F-35s came, which are utterly useless and can't fly s***.

I worked on the CWIS decades ago, we used to burn through so much 20mm, I think every dirt biker in San Diego county had an old 20 can for straps and oil and such.

Hey Tony, have your vac, 4lo, check engine lights come on again?
Mine popped up Friday morning. Cleared and truck runs fine, just wonder if this will be a every 3 days clear the codes kind of thing...

I worked on the CWIS decades ago, we used to burn through so much 20mm, I think every dirt biker in San Diego county had an old 20 can for straps and oil and such.

The Phalanx systems? Nice. When they worked they worked and scared the s*** out of you. When they failed, they cause $500k in damage to GPS guided tail kits for Mk82s. But that's another story :)

Hey Tony, have your vac, 4lo, check engine lights come on again?
Mine popped up Friday morning. Cleared and truck runs fine, just wonder if this will be a every 3 days clear the codes kind of thing...

I drove for several days on less than 1/8th of a tank. Basically putting in a few gallons every day, just to keep the level low to maybe purge the system. No issues yet. I filled yesterday and still no codes. It's been a few days so I think it's good?

The Phalanx systems? Nice. When they worked they worked and scared the s*** out of you. When they failed, they cause $500k in damage to GPS guided tail kits for Mk82s. But that's another story :)

I drove for several days on less than 1/8th of a tank. Basically putting in a few gallons every day, just to keep the level low to maybe purge the system. No issues yet. I filled yesterday and still no codes. It's been a few days so I think it's good?

I got another set of codes three mornings ago...but not since. Only happens in the morning after sitting all night.

Hoping it's some sort of Ethanol thing and it's finally starting to clear...

My guess for you guys with codes is fuel in the Evap system. Hopefully it will eventually purge/evaporate.

My VSC light came on while traveling home today. I'm guessing it's because I had the anti-sway cranked down too much as it happened right after I pulled out of the campground. I had the same thing happen on my older Acura. The Acura cleared itself once I loosened the anti-sway bar while the LC has not yet. I'll break out the dongle and laptop tomorrow evening... hopefully it doesn't come back.

My guess for you guys with codes is fuel in the Evap system. Hopefully it will eventually purge/evaporate.

My VSC light came on while traveling home today. I'm guessing it's because I had the anti-sway cranked down too much as it happened right after I pulled out of the campground. I had the same thing happen on my older Acura. The Acura cleared itself once I loosened the anti-sway bar while the LC has not yet. I'll break out the dongle and laptop tomorrow evening... hopefully it doesn't come back.

Interestingly, I initially got the VSC warning when the other codes hit, but that has not returned. the Evap codes hit again today...but I just clear them with a reader and roll on...

Mine is just VSC, and the light is full on. I'm 99% sure it's from the drag of the trailers friction anti-sway bar since the light came on 1-2 minutes after I started out and maybe 15 seconds after a hard right turn. What's interesting is that regular cruise control (non-radar) works fine but if I tried to use radar cruise yesterday on the way home the system would pop up a "check cruise control system" alert and fail to work. I assume they it's somehow dependent on the VSC test. If any other lights come on I'll let you know.

Interestingly, I initially got the VSC warning when the other codes hit, but that has not returned. the Evap codes hit again today...but I just clear them with a reader and roll on...

Its been six days and I haven't had the codes pop back up. Try keeping it at 1/8th of a tank for a bit, I think that helped dry the system. I'm letting the 200 sit for a week (I've been neglecting my old BMWs so they're getting some use this week) I'll check it again on Friday.

Ordered this to see if it's possible to make these it fit without looking wonky. I know I'll need the center name plate too but this is the only part I'm iffy about if it'll fit or not. Plus, it was only $45 and I can return it if need be.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-20_at_1.24.15_PM.png

Doesn't even remotely fit. The 08-15 hatch lights are significantly smaller. You'd need a 16+ hatch to make it work. No idea about the body/fender mounted portion.

Got myself a Whynter 65 Qt fridge/freezer. Even with the slide extended, I can't open the hatch to the fridge all the way. I ordered an Alu-Cab tilt/slide but, after some thinking I might put it in the storage box I made behind the driver's seat. After taking measurements, It'll just barely fit but poke up obviously. I would need to move the seat forward still in order to open the hatch but that's far easier than opening a double swing arm, opening the hatch, and sliding/tilting the slide. The only issue is reaching the fridge controls. I'll test fit it this week. If it looks good I'll return the tilt slide.

20170828_171939.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom