The new Valley Hybrids shop truck! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 3F deserves more love than it gets. I am used to my BJ74 shaking and rattling like a coffee can full of marbles. We have an FJ73 in the museum. The first time I got in it to drive it I was astonished at how smooth it was......I had to look at the tach to confirm it was running...:doh:

@cruiserdan ..... "I had to look at the tach to confirm it was running"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that because the engine is quiet or your loss of hearing?

Whut?:doh:

The 3F deserves more love than it gets. I am used to my BJ74 shaking and rattling like a coffee can full of marbles. We have an FJ73 in the museum. The first time I got in it to drive it I was astonished at how smooth it was......I had to look at the tach to confirm it was running...:doh:
As the former owner of the Aisin Hauler, I had the pleasure of driving this truck for a couple of years, including some long drives on windy two-lane highways. The 3F in that truck was a pleasure to drive with a tight H55. The truck (and motor) have 12,000 miles on the clock, an average of 500 per year since new. I think it has some life left in it :)

I agree with G, the truck needs power steering and AC, but other than some lifestyle accessories is pretty much perfect for now.

That said, the 3F/5 speed in this truck feels kind of like an old British roadster - revving, shifting and grinning....lots of grinning.

If he does go diesel, the 3F would make an awesome motor for a clean 40 Series. Very sweet rig.

As the former owner of the Aisin Hauler, I had the pleasure of driving this truck for a couple of years, including some long drives on windy two-lane highways. The 3F in that truck was a pleasure to drive with a tight H55. The truck (and motor) have 12,000 miles on the clock, an average of 500 per year since new. I think it has some life left in it :)

I agree with G, the truck needs power steering and AC, but other than some lifestyle accessories is pretty much perfect for now.

That said, the 3F/5 speed in this truck feels kind of like an old British roadster - revving, shifting and grinning....lots of grinning.

If he does go diesel, the 3F would make an awesome motor for a clean 40 Series. Very sweet rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom