SR5 Seat question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Truck is a 1990 extended cab with 22re. I'm looking to replace the front seats with better sr5 buckets. Current ones are the split bench with the little fold-down arm rest. Looks like SR5 seats from trucks 1989-1994 will bolt in. 4Runner seats should fit too? What about 1995 - 2000+ Tacomas and 4 runners? There are more of these available and in better condition. I searched on here and some other sites, but no definitive answer.

Measure a friends seats? Go to the junk yard and measure?

Yes, I will be wandering around with the tape in the next few weeks. Just hoping someone else had tried to bolt in SR5 seats from 1995 to 2010.

Revisiting this thread. I did wander around Pick n Pull with the tape. Seems the 4runner seats have different tracks than the trucks. I may have found some good seats from a 4runner on CL. It seems the seats can be swapped to the tracks? Still no info from anywhere on whether Tacoma seats can bolt into pre-tacoma trucks.

I can't speak to the 95+ seats, but the 84-88/9 and 90-95 seats are close enough that only some widening of the holes on the seat mounts. The difference in these seats seems to be the seat it's self, not the rail mounts. The seats themselves are just different widths. If you are handy with a welder, almost anything will swap in. I've seen lots of seats swapped into Toyotas, lots of sporty car seats... :cheers:

It looks like I will have to swap the seats onto the tracks. I will try this in the next little while. The big problem is finding any seats that are not trashed and/or cost $700.

I have 94 sr5 4Runner seats in my 94 xcab pickup. Like said earlier, holes are close. I used the drivers seatbelt hole for one, and had to shim it a bit to be level. Then added a new hole for one front mount. The passenger side was simpler as I recall.

I did try some 99 Tacoma seats, they were very different

Passenger side went well. Just changed the tracks. Driver's side looks more complicated. I will try it tomorrow. Looks like if I drill then there will be nothing to bolt into, but I will see.

Swapped in the SR5 seat from a 94 4Runner. Changed seatbelt mount for seat bolt at rear. I had to drill a little to make the front mount work. Note that there is already a hole in the cab floor very close to where the wider seat would go. Just look under the carpet. I may still try to find the seat tracks for the truck seats, as the 4 runner seats do not slide back as far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom