WTB / Recommendations for Sliders for 1997 FZJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a 1997 Land Cruiser 40th Anniversary Ed. I'm slowly but surely getting her ready for the trail...Any recommendations for sliders for a 1997 FZJ80 a.k.a. Lana?

I know Slee Offroad makes a great product, but if there's other armor out there that's as good in quality but lower in price I'm interested to hear from some veteran Cruiserheads on what they think the way to go is.

Thanks,

Ian | San Diego, CA

If you have access to a welder and possibly a bender the trail-gear 67" sliders are the best deal for the money. To build yours own you would spend the same amount in materials alone.

White Knuckle Off-road makes great sliders. They are located in Apple Valley, CA and are very nice people. I have a set on my Pro-4x Xterra and will buy a set for my LC once it is acquired. They allow will-call pick up. So if you wanted to make a day of it, pick up your sliders and then head up to Big Bear afterwards.

Will they adjust the cat protection to fit a pair of clocked cats?
Since most of their sliders are made to order, im willing to bet they would. Natalie (his wife) is very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. I know many people have wanted the angle of the sliders to be less steep and they have no problem accommodating those requests. It's worth dropping them a line to find out.

Just installed WKs...BEEFY!

Can I wake this post back up? Any current recommendations? Anyone have some long term stories of thier sliders? Thanks.

Can I wake this post back up? Any current recommendations? Anyone have some long term stories of thier sliders? Thanks.
White knuckle off road
Best value in the market. Especially for 80 series. If are in the local so cal area , you pickup locally save the $$ for shipping. I have had mine 3+ year's now , rock solid .direct bolt design using factory holes in the frame.
Marc

I'm considering Bump It Offroad sliders. They are located in CO. Anyone have their sliders for the FJ80 and can share your experience? Much appreciated.

I'm considering Bump It Offroad sliders. They are located in CO. Anyone have their sliders for the FJ80 and can share your experience? Much appreciated.
I don't have Mike's sliders, however I did purchase a full belly skid plate and rear bumper with swing out basket assembly a couple years ago . Mike was very customer service friendly to work with in my experience . At the time his prices were very reasonable for the items that I purchased . And the shipping also reasonable considering I was in so cal . Everybody is aware that the cost of raw steel has gone up exponentially, And shipping charges are also quite expensive now . I'm sure all of these metal fabricators prices have risen accordingly, bump it off road was a nice experience over all.

Marc

I really appreciate you all chiming in. This helps a lot. I live in CO, so I will start at Bump It Offroad and move to White Knuckle Offroad.

Ben

I snagged White Knuckles for my 94. Couldn't be happier. Great service, and quick production. Found them affordable and very well built - and I installed them very easily by myself. Best part - very local to me in socal. BIO has some great products but was not available for my 94.

What I would do differently: Get powder coating. Rattle can just doesn't last and I am not looking forward to removing them just to do a neat and tidy respray. Also, I found my myself bothered that after getting all the cans of paint and primer it was marginally cheaper than a nice powder coat. Oh well.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom