ONSC Chat (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wait - so are you done with Land Cruisers for now?

Unfortunately yes. Rolling both old vehicles into a new one so it can be paid off quick. I left my card with an older couple in the neighborhood that has a white FJ62 that they've owned since 1992(ish?). My favorite color and it looks really clean.

The missus has been driving the 40 around a lot and loves it, but understands this is best for the business. She said a 40 for her is the first car we can get next.

She said a 40 for her is the first car we can get next.

Is it time to make double entendre jokes about 'battle axes'. :)

With your requirements the ford eco boost F150 is a pretty good bet.

That's my thought. I can probably pick up a '17 for a great price with the refresh coming out soon.

I missed the part where you said you want a diesel. I don't have any experience with the newer Duramax engines so I can't comment on them but all the older ones were awesome.

One of my favorite vehicles to drive was Brett's 2012/13 Ford F250. That thing was comfortable, had tons of power (even more so after air box and tune) and towed his 27 foot trailer from Charlotte to Denver like nothing. I kept forgetting I was actually towing for that 1500 mile haul.

There is also the Ram 1500 diesel but you said no dodges so the other 1/2 ton would be the cummins in the Nissan Titan. I hear good things about that truck but am not up to date on their pricing.

Also for something like trailer weighing 4500lbs you could get away with the colorado diesel. That little 2.8 duramax is very impressive. Can be had in crewcab but obviously won't have a bed the same size as a full size.

The Nissan Frontier is also supposed to get the 2.8 Cummins at some point but doesn't have it yet.

I got tired of trying to find diesel in CLT uptown/close to uptown.....

Just north of uptown is trucking central... more diesel pumps than gas.

@lt1fire - you would know since you're a big guy like me; I don't fit in the "mid" sized trucks. To me it feels just as crowded inside at the Mini.

I'm not opposed to a gas F150. In fact I really like the 3.5LEcoboost

@lt1fire - you would know since you're a big guy like me; I don't fit in the "mid" sized trucks. To me it feels just as crowded inside at the Mini.

I'm not opposed to a gas F150. In fact I really like the 3.5LEcoboost

Ah yeah sometimes I forget you a large also.

Is it time to make double entendre jokes about 'battle axes'. :)
I was hoping for more from this gang.
I guess I'll start.
I hear that @tgadd really knows how to throw his axe, if you know what I mean.

I am probably offending someone and will hear about it, so this post may be short lived.
battleaxe.jpg

The smoke drifting down from the large fires up in Canada are thick in Seattle today.... all kinds of air advisories issued. It's so thick it makes it look like we are looking out on the Pacific instead of the Puget Sound. Can't see the Olympics or anything across the water now. It does make for an awesome sunset from our home though.

received_10155186404988876.jpeg

Last nights sunset made me feel like I might hear some trumpets coming down from above at some point.

upload_2017-8-4_8-59-58.png

I could hear the blue angels practicing over the city all day yesterday for seafair this weekend but I couldn't see them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom