What's going on in the ACC Garage. . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent the weekend working on my rig to be ready for a big trip west next weekend. Couple of shots from an Japanese import that is in near mint condition. 80 series with non sliding windows and "piano" dash. Still has factory warning stickers on the door panels, pristine cloth velour seats, and center console is a fridge with a 9-cube ice maker tray.

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

Another 80 (the one @beno posted engine shots of earlier) is getting the full overland spa treatment. This is one of the biggest Tepui tents I've seen installed. I think it sleeps 8 :p Prinsu Designs roof rack with integrated lightbar.
IMG_2604.JPG
IMG_2605.JPG
IMG_2606.JPG

And a few shots of my junk getting reassembled. Rebuilt the winch, refitted the bumper with the contactor mounted top side. Added the light bar inside the hoop. The grille got refitted too, after a little more trimming of the bumper's top surface. Dugan is loaning me his RTT/awning for a couple weeks, so we got it installed too.
IMG_2600.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG
IMG_2610.JPG

And the new shop rig is starting to take shape. This was a wrecked 80 (roll-over). They straightened the A-pillar and replaced the windshield. Will be on 37's eventually. 4x4 Labs front bumper is being assembled and the rear cross-member was bobbed and fitted with a custom cross-member with receiver tube (barely visible below).

IMG_2597.JPG
IMG_2598.JPG

Another 80 (the one @beno posted engine shots of earlier) is getting the full overland spa treatment. This is one of the biggest Tepui tents I've seen installed. I think it sleeps 8 :p Prinsu Designs roof rack with integrated lightbar.
View attachment 1477949 View attachment 1477950 View attachment 1477951

Thanks for these photos. They have been working really hard to get her together for my pickup date of the 24th. That tent does look big.:hmm: Glad I got the SC to pull all that weight down the road. :D

And a few shots of my junk getting reassembled. Rebuilt the winch, refitted the bumper with the contactor mounted top side. Added the light bar inside the hoop. The grille got refitted too, after a little more trimming of the bumper's top surface. Dugan is loaning me his RTT/awning for a couple weeks, so we got it installed too.
View attachment 1477953 View attachment 1477954 View attachment 1477955

Still wishing I hadn't sold my 06 TT Edition with 6spd manual. Although I did go burn thru the clutch doing GSMTR....:cry:

A brief visit this weekend to recharge my wife's AC system (they're now doing full service AC work, test for leaks, drain and refill refrigerant, oil). Here are a few trucks in the garage right now:
IMG_3684.JPG
IMG_3685.JPG
IMG_3687.JPG
IMG_3689.JPG
IMG_3690.JPG

An LX570 is not a 200 series in many ways - mostly fit and finish. For instance a Prinsu rack for a 200 does not directly fit an LX570 because there are no cleats or rain gutters on the 570. It has permanently mounted aluminum rails for the entire length of the roof. And by permanent, I mean mounted from inside the roof where there are airbags, wiring harnesses, A/C ducts, etc. And to remove the headliner pretty much requires you to remove the cargo mats, then the side cladding until you actually work your way up to the headliner removal. Some modifications had to be done to the Prinsu rack, but the final product is a winner.

Remove the Prinsu cleats and polish the lower edge.
LX570 (9).jpg

Rails mounted directly to the billet aluminum.
LX570 (2).JPG
Once the rails were mounted to the billet aluminum stock rails, then the crossmembers had to be cut to fit. The roofline widens from rear to front, so each rail was cut a custom length and with the proper angle on each end.
LX570 (6).jpg
Finished roof rack sits low and looks great.
LX570 (32).jpg

Even clears the sharkfin antenna.
LX570 (7).jpg

This customer also wanted a "hidden" winch mounted inside the stock bumper. The fascia comes off and then the mock-ups begin. The stock aluminum bumper is no joke and makes for a solid mounting point.

LX570 (3).JPG

LX570 (23).jpg

LX570 (18).jpg

LX570 (30).jpg

LX570 (34).jpg

Then the customer wanted the fascia to get some plastidip accents to tone down the chrome hourglass.

Before:
LX570 (4).jpg

After (with winch too)
LX570 (20).jpg

Spraygun is the way to go
LX570 (33).jpg

Oh, and those winch controls...they are right here under the hood
LX570 (35).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom