UC chat (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got my hands on some rear side markers and emblems for my '73 40. I was planning on installing the emblems, but this may be a little too beautiful for me to take apart. Might need to find a way to get it on one of my walls!

View attachment 1487823

That is office or garage display art! Also looks too rusty to put on your vehicle......

Have you seen my vehicle? Not really a candidate for bright, shiny, and new things...

Hey, you need to show your 40 some love and respect! Agree that it probably wouldn't look right to have brand new emblems but don't put rusty ones on either......coming to parts swap?

I finally got my hands on some rear side markers and emblems for my '73 40. I was planning on installing the emblems, but this may be a little too beautiful for me to take apart. Might need to find a way to get it on one of my walls!

View attachment 1487823

You need to wear that around your neck, BOYYY!

2017-06-30_123757.jpg

This past Saturday morning got up early to get a haircut but apparently so did a slew of other gentlemen as lot was packed when I pulled up at 8:15 AM. Wasn't about to wait it out and for some reason Cars & Coffee popped up in my head....couldn't remember if it was the right week for it or not so meandered that way and sure enough, it was on! Spotted Dale Hiatt and his beautiful 45 and he spotted me as I turned in and motioned for me to come cozy up next door. We had a lot of traffic and I passed out all 7 of my business cards within 90 minutes. Working on getting updated club cards printed this week!
July Cars Coffee.JPG

Put the bike rack on and explored a new trail on my side of the upstate. Small but smooth and fast (big banked corners). Got back to the parking lot at dark. Pic from the driver's seat headed home.

IMG_0237.JPG

Put the bike rack on and explored a new trail on my side of the upstate. Small but smooth and fast (big banked corners). Got back to the parking lot at dark. Pic from the driver's seat headed home.

View attachment 1504761

Please tell where this "new" trail that you speak of is??? If it's down hill both ways - away from the parking lot and back to it, I'm in!!

:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

Please tell where this "new" trail that you speak of is??? If it's down hill both ways - away from the parking lot and back to it, I'm in!!

:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:
Holston Creek Park in Inman. It is funny that you mention down hill both ways, because that is what I was thinking. The uphill sections are mild, and downhills twisty enough to keep you from upshifting too much, that you could do the whole thing in a few gears. I never came off my middle ring.

And here I was thinking it was a cruiser trail. You're talking single track.

Holston Creek Park in Inman. It is funny that you mention down hill both ways, because that is what I was thinking. The uphill sections are mild, and downhills twisty enough to keep you from upshifting too much, that you could do the whole thing in a few gears. I never came off my middle ring.

Loop distance?

I had an annoying rattle in the rear of the truck for some time now so I decided I was going to track it down. It looks like I had a close call. It seems the PO ground the inside of the rotor to nothing and decided to just replace the pads to sell it. That could've been a bad day for me. I did find the cause of the rattle to be the brake pad backing lodged between the rotor and dust shield.

IMG_5957.JPG

IMG_5959.JPG

IMG_5960.JPG

IMG_5961.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom