For Sale FJ45-LPB TAIL GATES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put me down for a 3 hinge. Thanks Kevin!

Do you make these valances in a 4 hinge? If so please put my name down for one thanks

Ohhh man I'm in for a 4 hinge valance if it's in the cards Kevin! Stupid question probably but would this be a direct replacement for my 75' RHD? I'm assuming it would be. Thanks for doing this!

@kunzma , noted thanks

@Living in the Past , yes, for you I can. I will need to make a custom program for the punch (or the laser if I end up moving it to the laser) but that is maybe 15min work.

Just curious does the later four hinge have a notch to access the spare tire winch. Remember someone selling these rear sills for the four hinge and it had. Going with the winch style since I picked one up. Either way even the three hinge for later tail light would be great. While not rusted my current sill the PO drilled some holes and installed a rain tight 2x4 electric box for some reason. It is also tweaked a little to where the catch for the tailgate is only using one bolt to move it out. Otherwise it twists my new tailgate which I can't have.:)

Wow, lotsa guys interested... cool

Ok, lets be clear here, some of you guys are posting up something like, "...I'll take a 3 hinge..." but since we are in my old tailgate thread I don't want to misunderstand. In post #174 above I stated that I have one tailgate left to sell. I actually had two but just sold one to Australia so I am back to one in stock. HOWEVER, it has been claimed... but not paid for. I have been working with a Mud member on that sale but he has not paid yet. For the moment assume it is gone and if the sale falls through I have two guys already on a list to take it.

Now, speaking about rear valences, I will reply to the above posts and questions:

@tomsryd - I replied to the conversation you started

@Rustic76 - gotcha - one 3 hinge rear valence

@KT40 - gotcha - one 3 hinge rear valence

@ukaviator - Yes, 4 hinge style with the newer (1975+) tail lights - gotcha added to the list

@jestlurnin - yes, direct replacement 4 hinge if your tail lights are the later (1975+) style - gotcha on the list

@Living in the Past - I will check my original 4 hinge 1978 FJ45 CDN spec. bed and see but I vaguely recall an indent in the top flange that allowed the winch (jack) rod to pass through to the winch. I think I deleted that in favor of simplicity in my design. I would consider adding back in to this new batch in the interest of accuracy as long as it doesn't add an appreciable amount of extra time and expense.

@xtremeVA - gotcha - one 3 hinge rear valence

Let me know if any of you were confused and thought you were asking for a tailgate rather than a rear valence.

Kevin

Kevin - I would like a three hinge valence to fit later style lights please... PMing to confirm

Guess I should ask, the later tail lights are the same size as those on the 40 series? Have spare of those but not if the 45 had their own size.

I finally managed to get the rear valence pieces punched out in the flat. I plan to emboss the tail light recesses this weekend and bend them up. Then add the captured nuts and a little weld.

IMG_8905.JPG

Almost done the valences - I managed to stamp the tail light openings and form up the channel last Sunday. Also installed all of the captured nuts. All that's left is to weld the little corner seams and give them a once over.

I will be doing that on this coming Sunday - I basically only have Sundays available to me right now for working on my stuff to sell. Saturday is all about my son's football - game day. Weekdays I get home at 6:20pm and then head to the practice field to help with the team until about 9:00pm. Then up again at 5:30am and do it again. I'm not complaining and I know many work harder than me but my week is full for sure.

coupla pics:

valences ready to weld:
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG

He's center again this year
temporary.jpg

Kevin,
Spend as much time with him now as you can. Before you know it, they are off to college. We just became empty nesters a couple weeks ago. It's different.
Oh, btw, the valances look killer!

This arrived last week. As usual amazing quality. Quick delivery, around a week from payment until it was at my door.

IMG_2734.JPG
IMG_2736.JPG

Not right now but I am planning to build a few more before the end of the year to use up some misc pieces I have left over from the last run. Are you interested in one? I can add you to the list...

Kevin

I’m looking for a tailgate for a 1977 FJ45LB. If any of these are still available please send a not. Thank you.

Does anyone know if there are any of these available? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom