BATTERY FOR "IN" VEHICLE INSTALL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Let me ask a sealed optima is ok to install in rear of truck correct? Im going to put a battery in the rear so the solar can run straight to it and keep all the wiring short st8 to the battery and invertor. am I on it here??

Yeah, any decent sealed AGM will be fine in the cab (though I don't consider optima as decent :) )

cheers,
george.

Yeah, any decent sealed AGM will be fine in the cab (though I don't consider optima as decent :) )

cheers,
george.
give me some names you do like, I have a optima yellowtop for starting and an odysses extreme house battery I want a good battery for in vehicle I think Im going to tie it to aux battery and solar. not sure If I need to tho, Im certain 100 watt panel will kee it up

Odyssey are good, Deka good. Optima I dislike a lot after 2 fairly short lived redtops. Yellow's seem to be better, but I refuse to fund optima given the poor life of the redtops.

I can't see the need for a 3rd battery if you already have an excellent aux battery. More weight to cart around for little additional return unless you run high powered disco lights while camped and a loud boom box etc (pls don't camp near me) :)

cheers,
george.

Lol, nah I have several sets of lights and winch aux fan 50 in light bar all leds rigids and Im putting in a magnum invertor the good one that will charge your batterys up when you plug it in to AC power. My reasoning is I had all the wiring tightened up nice underhood and didnt want to drag 1guage all the way to the rear of vehicle for inverotr solar panle etc. oh I do have a 45liter fridge

Ya those Optima I just replaced mine and to think they (1 is still good) only 6 years in Arizonas heat.

RFB you must be looking for a set up something like the picture, my choice Optima again. Hopefully they will last longer than 6 years.

IMG_9542[1].JPG

Reactions: RFB
Ya those Optima I just replaced mine and to think they (1 is still good) only 6 years in Arizonas heat.

RFB you must be looking for a set up something like the picture, my choice Optima again. Hopefully they will last longer than 6 years.

View attachment 1504104
optima in my jeep has been going strong from glades to MOAB up to montana and back several times, starts everytime and yes Im looking to hook it up tiny house on 37s lol

^ My costco battery in my Jeep lasted 9yrs and I only changed it since I figured it had done good enough.

Red top optimas suck (imo), way too many folk have had issues with them lasting maybe 2 - 3 years in moderate climates, me included and it was a 100% running one day and not the next. Yellow/Blue seem to have a better reputation, but as I wrote, I'm done with optima products.

A costco $60 battery that replaced the 2nd dead optima lasted just on 5 yrs in the 80 series (didn't outright die, but the slower cranking was a good indicator to change it). Since I had a few coupons I have put in an Odyssey (came to just around $120 out the door) as my main. Have a deep cycle costco as the aux and that's at least 4yrs old and doing strong.

All I want from a battery is 5yrs or more of 100% reliable starting and neither red tops provided that (barely 1/2 that).

Anyhow, everyone has an opinion and a story :)

cheers,
george.

Ive currently(no pun) have 2 odyssess extremes for starter and aux the optima is now spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom