NEED BLACK LUG NUTS, SUGGESTIONS? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need black lug nuts, the first set which were supposed to fit did not. Someone told me something about the 'shoulder'. I'm looking for a high quality set, suggestions? Thanks!

I got mine on eBay. They were cheap and have lasted well so far.

it depends on if you are using your stock rims. If they are stock they need a "flat washer" type nut if they are not the stock rims then they may need cone shape nuts.

My cone shape black ones came from Ebay for dirt cheep.

Another EBay buyer here - 20 14X1.5 black lug nuts - IIRC they were like $27 - they are the shouldered ones for use with OEM type wheels.

Gorilla auto 7/8 are OE fitment Black chrome is what you want.

IMG_3781.PNG

Perfect. I am using OE Wheels, had them powdercoated. The ones that didn't fit came from Gorilla, will just do an exchange. Exactly the answer I needed.

Gorilla Automotive 91147BC Acorn Bulge Seat Black Chrome Lug Nuts (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size)

I got mine on Amazon.

So I looked up the chrome Gorilla ones and wow they are 10 bucks each,

Anyone have a good chrome replacement option, mine are getting kind of crusty and would like to replace them soon with my new(er) rims.

Found some on O'Reillys site for about 7.50 each....

I'm thinking about hunting a set of cheap Craigslist Tundra wheels and just getting them and reselling the rims, lol...

Might be to much work though, don't know yet.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll search a bit more as I need the shouldered type for factory al wheels.

Just don't know if some of the cheapies can be trusted.

I trust the Gorilla brand though...

Thanks, I'll search a bit more as I need the shouldered type for factory al wheels.

Just don't know if some of the cheapies can be trusted.

I trust the Gorilla brand though...
Re: cheapie: True- I think you want forged. Anyway those were just examples of some of what they have for the price range- they do sell the shouldered type- give 'em a call

I recently picked up the 91147BC from Amazon as well. Have stock 16" wheels on my 98. The new lugs do not have the shoulder like the old lugs. Is the shoulder a necessity? I'm doubting the new lugs w/o.

I believe the wheels were designed to work with shouldered lugs and not the cone type. For me I wouldn't use the cones, but I have no basis for that except personal caution.

I bought a cheap set off Ebay - just plug into the search bar something like the following: black 14x1.5 lug nut oem Toyota

I did and it came back with a whole range of prices. IIRC the ones I bought were around $25. But the black lugs at that price point are painted. So if you go that route you should be ready to do some touch up after a cycle or two of remove and replace for tire rotations etc. A little bottle of gloss back touch up works, but then I'm not overly anal about lug nuts. Maybe should say I went with black lugs as I don't like the OEM center caps from 2000. Not a good pic, but you can get the idea (Tundra wheels, no center caps, black lugs on the LX).

full

IMG_6572.JPG
I ordered off eBay....they didn't fit. They refunded my money and told me to keep the lugnuts.

I ended up just spraying mine with a rattle can.

Headed to HIH7 in the morning, I think I'll swap back to the OEM this evening to be safe. I've driven maybe 40 miles on the non-shoulder lugs without any issue, but 8 hours of highway and then 4 days on the trail could give a different result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom