1FZ Fuel Filter Relocation (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It can be the same port that the "on board" fuel pressure gauge is using or it can use the "siphoning" port.

This is the on-board FPG I've spec'
View attachment 1495698
I hope this is a coming soon set up, because Im holding a fuel filter and Id hate to kill myself when I could install your set up and be done with it, Im in.

I hope this is a coming soon set up, because Im holding a fuel filter and Id hate to kill myself when I could install your set up and be done with it, Im in.

Yeah this is getting some love given to it this week. Gotta keep moving this along.

Reactions: RFB
Any updates on this in the past year? I'm interested, if it becomes a reality.

It’s moved at a snail’s pace but little things in the background. I’ve learned a few things over the past year which helps. But right now other projects are getting more attention.

It’s moved at a snail’s pace but little things in the background. I’ve learned a few things over the past year which helps. But right now other projects are getting more attention.
I would like a witsend FF relocate as weell many many would

I know I've said this before, but how about putting together a schrader valve extension kit?

A replacement threaded Banjo Bolt for the filter

fuelfillerfilter_3.jpg

Schrader valve fitting

fuelfillerfilter_1.jpg

Fuel extension hose with a schrader valve that mounts somewhere on the block or intake within easy reach

fuelfillerfilter_4.jpg

Then just connect one of these to check for fuel pressure and/or release fuel into a jerry can

fuelfillerfilter_2.jpg

I'm sure if you put together a simple ready made kit, it will sell like hotcakes :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RFB
I'm all over this Joey. The fuel filter is such a pain in the ass to change! Makes me nervous that if I get bad gas somewhere in Mexico I won't be able to swap in my spare

The fuel filter is not really that bad, you just need a :censor:-ton of socket extensions. Like two feet worth. The rest is just trying really hard to not bend the hard lines when you remove the filter, because then it gets a lot more complicated. I was careful and it took maybe 30 minutes to change mine. There's write-ups on here about it, don't sweat it too much. :wrench::steer::wrench::steer::wrench::steer:

The fuel filter is not really that bad, you just need a :censor:-ton of socket extensions. Like two feet worth. The rest is just trying really hard to not bend the hard lines when you remove the filter, because then it gets a lot more complicated. I was careful and it took maybe 30 minutes to change mine. There's write-ups on here about it, don't sweat it too much. :wrench::steer::wrench::steer::wrench::steer:

^^^^^^
Amen! I made that mistake (slightly bent the hard line) and just about burst a vein my neck trying to get the banjo bolt threaded back onto the filter. Finally got the line semi-straight and right before giving up and setting the whole damn thing on fire....got the bolt started!

Any ETA on this one?

I think Joey is to busy feeding donuts to Chicle...lol :hillbilly:

Hi Joey,

I admire all the engineering you do for our old rigs. I am right at the point of changing fuel filter and would love to move to this setup. I'd even be happy to be a guinea pig. :) I searched the Wit's End website in vain....

Thanks,

Muddy1

Hi Joey,

I admire all the engineering you do for our old rigs. I am right at the point of changing fuel filter and would love to move to this setup. I'd even be happy to be a guinea pig. :) I searched the Wit's End website in vain....

Thanks,

Muddy1

Yeah not there yet. I haven't been able to detail the location of the bracket. Too many irons in the fire.

For those with a pretty stock engine bay(and right hand drive), what about drivers side firewall where the factory rs#### whatever alarm horn is/was?

Joey this is good item to finish man,

Right hand drive?? what the heck was I doing that day??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom