Rubicon July 28ish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
Looking for anyone going in via Loon Lake I can tag along with. I am flexible and can go anytime July 25th to July 30th. I have a FJ60 SOA on 37s. In the interest of full disclosure - I am a noob.

Peter

A group of 5 will be starting on the 25th. A couple 80s is 60 and some Jeeps you're more than welcome to tag along with us. If you're there sooner I will be camping probably on the slabs. Look for a lx450 on 35s.

Awesome. How many days are you planing on taking?

Perfect for me.

What's the itinerary? When is departure from Loon? Stopping at Buck Island?

Also, what do you guys use for communication? CB? Ham?

Last edited:
Oh, that's actually better. Thanks for the update.

We'll be out that way, I think, but just for some camping somewhere...

@workingdog, we leave Tracy area Wednesday 2am. We will be meeting Anthony @RadarFJ40 at loon for breakfast.

We will be driving from my house, a CJ/60/80/100 and...it's a long shot but possibly a 200 is the slider gets in today and if the trail spares get in on time by tomorrow.
PM me your contact info if you want to head up together or meet somewhere in hwy50 in the morning.

We will take I 5 and then 99 and that'll take us to hwy50 somewhere in Folsom.

-John

Last edited:
We'll be out that way, I think, but just for some camping somewhere...

Nial, just camp somewhere in Buck and then on the springs and maybe we'll see you there:bounce::bounce2:

I'll probably go up Tuesday and camp at Loon. Let me know where you're having breakfast and I can meet you there. I'll have my ham with with me. If you guys have a frequency you use, let me know and I'll be on it in the morning. My cell is 707 484 5264. But I won't have cell service after I hit Pollock Pines on Tuesday afternoon.

Do you realize Jeepers Jamboree is going on this weekend? They get a parade permit and the trail is closed to non-participants.

Do you realize Jeepers Jamboree is going on this weekend? They get a parade permit and the trail is closed to non-participants.

I am under the impression that they are on Aug 10-13th for Rubicon.

Jeep Jamboree for July 27-29 is in Pennsylvania.

I'll probably go up Tuesday and camp at Loon. Let me know where you're having breakfast and I can meet you there. I'll have my ham with with me. If you guys have a frequency you use, let me know and I'll be on it in the morning. My cell is 707 484 5264. But I won't have cell service after I hit Pollock Pines on Tuesday afternoon.

We'll most likely be at Loon Lake grounds and have a blast there. Anthony is already in Sacramento today (from Washington). You'll probably see him there tomorrow.

We'll be at loon between 7-8am on Wednesday. Anthony is already camped at the slabs and will meet us at Loon.

-John
650-440-1447

Last edited:
I am under the impression that they are on Aug 10-13th for Rubicon.

Jeep Jamboree for July 27-29 is in Pennsylvania.
Jeepers Jamboree is different than Jeep Jamboree, both run the Rubicon but on different weekends.

From the Jamboree site
"4 Day Jeepers Jamboree July 27 - 30, 2017"

You can probably get on the trail till Wednesday, then Saturday and Sunday, just don't go to the springs.

As the other post said, the trail is closed by the Jamboree Thursday through Sunday according to the Rubicon Trail Foundation calendar. If you don't have a Jamboree wrist band, you can't enter the trail. I'm assuming the Springs is only open to Jamboree participants Thursday Friday and Saturday.

So I think I'll pass joining you guys this weekend, I don't feel like being chased by 400 rigs to the Springs.

Another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom