LX 470 or LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just had my LX 470 totaled and Now I am trying to decide if I want to get another 470 or do I want a 570? The would love to find a LC but the LX's are almost always a better deal (miles and cond). I didn't wheel my 470 hard but I'm concerned about the lower approach and departure angles.
So for the group that has owned both, what say ye? Another 470 or a 570?
If 570 is there much difference between the 08-11 and the 13+? Wife wants me to look at a 13 or 14, I kinda like the looks of the older gen. Any advice, experiences, or recommendations are welcome!

I have a 2001 LX and a 2013 LC, not even close man, grab the LX570!!! If I were to use the ol grade school 1 thru 10 system on the two rigs I would give the 200 series an 11 and the LX470 a 6. Not trying to say the LX470 is not a great rig, I love mine! The LX570 is the 470 with a lot of steroids, like a lot! Sorry not much technically feedback, but I drive both every week and just shooting ya straight man! Now go grab a 570:)

Agreed - I loved my built and sc'ed 100 , but even stock the 200 is in a different league for the increase in cost. It's a much more refined platform - and a gerneation ahead inside, yet not quite up to date.... the 570's also got many of the things liked cooled seats early then the LC's and tend to be cheaper by 3-5k....

I prefer the older style as well - not a fan of the spindle look....

Good luck in your hunt !

The LX certainly represents a better value given its lower price and if you don't do any serious or frequent rough trail use. The LX can certainly handle more than some might expect though so its no slouch. The 200 is what it is, the evolution of a legend whether in LX or LC form. IMO, the 100 is now for those who like certain things about that platform, e.g., more truck like and with power third-row windows, and its cheaper. The 200 is much more modern and the LX just has a bunch of bells and whistles. There really is no wrong choice, unless like i said you intend to build a trail rig. It also has a lot to do with what you want to spend. You can get a 2008-2011 LX for $20-25k with plenty of life left in it. 100s will be less than $20k. Good luck.

I had my 470 for 6 years and I had no intention of ever replacing it. So as I tend to keep a vehicle forever I think I may be served by getting the latest model I can afford. It still hurts my head how the LX's are easier to find and usually less$$ than the LC's.

We had a 470 and 100 series LC, now we have two 570s. The wife had her 470 for ages and swore to never let it go. One drive in the 570 and she was hooked and gave up the 470. I held on to my 100 as it was only really for camping etc but after driving hers on occasions and just being so impressed by the improvements/features and power I also ended up getting one to very mildly build for our camping purposes. If you have not driven one yet go drive one and the difference will be quite apparent. Unless you are planning on a big lift, 35's, lots of armor etc the 570 should meet your needs. As for the departure angle on the older ones its not that bad and an aftermarket bumper can be put on pretty easily. The 13+ had a few things added but most was cosmetic and the upgrades as far as electronics can be added in if you like.

I would concentrate more on service records and condition vs. year and mileage. One thing I did notice is pretty much most of the LX's seem to have great records and they were generally owned by folks who took it to dealer for everything and tend not to be diy folks. Also most never even ventured offroad and by comparison are quite clean compared to equivalent LC's which seem to be used more frequently by the original owners for rugged use.

Had an '06 LX470 and now an '09 LX570. The '06 is still in the family as I sold it to my brother.

The LX570 are obviously more modern as commented above. But I'll say they're also more isolated and drive with more heft. The LX470's have a agility (relative) that I miss. The LX470s also had some really fine interior touches that the LX570 has cheapened. Gauge cluster looks like fine jewelry vs platicky in the LX570. Door panels have nice double stitched leather in 470, vs more expanses of plasticy in the 570. This all only stands out in a direct back to back comparison. Otherwise, the LX570 is modern and sumptuous in its own right.

There's a larger span of significant changes to the LX470 in my mind that make the later years more competent drivers. The early years (<'03) were slugs by caparison as they had 4 spd with lower output motors. The later '06/'07 were significantly better due to updated VVTi and 5 speed trannies such that they could get out of their own way and pass on single lane hwys. Yes, there's changes in the LX570 (from 6 spd to 8 spd in the most recent, but that's minimal as 6 speeds are plenty, especially when backed by the brute 5.7 motor.

Last edited:
I just recently sold my '07 LX470 and while I loved that rig (my second LX470 btw and loved both), it doesn't hold a candle to my 200 LC. Before I sold the LX, I had already purchased my '11 LC and when I would drive both back to back, there was a noticeable difference in refinement. The LX felt archaic and I could tell it was based on the '98 platform. While the 200 series does have more heft to it, there is a tangible feel in the ride quality and overall feel including all the new amenities. Now that I own a 200 series, I could never go back to the 100 platform as it would be a huge let down. Don't get me wrong, the 100 series have legendary build quality and many are still on the road. But, I think you would be doing yourself a disservice by not purchasing the LX570 as the difference is night and day. Good luck.

The wife's LX 09 feels too nice for me. I prefer the more truck like 100. If you plan on doing long road trips and towing the 200 is nicer at highway speed.

Hate the 20" rims as well but that's an easy fix.

Going from 80 LX to 200 LX, huge different!!! Well, lets go back to the topic, I was actually looking to upgrade to a 100 LX and possibly a 200 LX. Once I test drive a 200 LX, it is set, 200 all the way. It is better than 100 in anyway. And every time I jump in my 2011 LX, I actually enjoy driving it and love the ML sound system.

Ah, someone else that's a connoisseur of the fine ML system. I enjoy it immensely. It's pretty neutral so it doesn't add it's own coloration to the music. So a poor source or poor master sounds, well...poor. But a great track sounds oh so sweet in the quiet environment of the LX.

I have kids and they often watch movies. The 5.1 abilities of the system is pretty ridiculous as well. I know many a kids movie by it's soundtrack, and is how I judge how good that said movie is.

Ah, someone else that's a connoisseur of the fine ML system. I enjoy it immensely. It's pretty neutral so it doesn't add it's own coloration to the music. So a poor source or poor master sounds, well...poor. But a great track sounds oh so sweet in the quiet environment of the LX.

I have kids and they often watch movies. The 5.1 abilities of the system is pretty ridiculous as well. I know many a kids movie by it's soundtrack, and is how I judge how good that said movie is.

Can't agree more!! the 5.1 is great, my 2 little monsters love it. I usually upgrade my vehicle sound system with fancy component speakers amp, wiring, sound insulation etc. I am glad I do not have to do it in the 570, fantastic stock sound system even streaming with my phone! Even my wife love it and complaint about the Sienna sound system being too cheap now. lol

^Ah yes. I've done my share of upgrading sound system to every car I've previously owned. They were awesome, sonically brilliant and strong. But they've always added their own, albeit exciting, coloration to the music. The ML system let's the music shine for itself, without it's speakers and parts taking focus. The music itself is what's center stage, with incredible imagining, such that it's a transparent and wide sound stage.

The LX470 system was good (not enough power reserves IMO). The LX570 is spectacular. Of note, the LX and LS are the ownly two models in Lexus's lineup that get the ML Reference system. The audio system is another reason I couldn't do the LC sister platform.

Congrat!! You will surely love and enjoy the LX570, it will put smile on your face every time you jump in the driver seat. =)

You were all right!! I really love my LX570! Still learning all the features. I'm a bit concerned about taking it some of the places that I went with my 470. It's definitely a bit larger and I feel like the approach and departure angles aren't as good as the 470.
The width concerns me as I want to avoid as much "desert pinstripes " as I can. But I am looking forward to A very, very long time behind the wheel of this Lexus.

You were all right!! I really love my LX570! Still learning all the features. I'm a bit concerned about taking it some of the places that I went with my 470. It's definitely a bit larger and I feel like the approach and departure angles aren't as good as the 470.
The width concerns me as I want to avoid as much "desert pinstripes " as I can. But I am looking forward to A very, very long time behind the wheel of this Lexus.

Just park away from everyone at the mall and you will be fine!! That's what I do ;). I might take mine on a dirt road after I hit 100k miles. Sumbitch was expensive!!! Plus it's to pretty to get dirty. :)

This thread is very helpful as I currently own an under powered XC90 and the random repairs that have been piling up. I have been reading forum reviews on other sites and it they usually lead back to this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom