The LAgallegos 60 build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what are the tools(anything special) that I'm gonna need for replacing the starter, any special things to note?
Been having a clicking problem for a while now, after getting stranded in the lowes parking lot for 20 min I decided it was time...
Also going through and replacing clutch master & slave. It's gone from needing to be filled every 3 weeks to every time I start the car.
But I passed the 200K mileage mark a couple months ago!

I'm curious, can you put a new header on without desmoging it? I know you'll have to buy that plate for the intake manifold, but was curious about where the (i think its the) egr connects to the exhaust manifold, if you just ignore that or plug it as well...
I'm taking the head off currently and was wanting to do some sort of upgrade while its all apart.

Headers are hit and miss as to "performance" gains. So if you are looking at it specifically for that I would look at getting a better breathing exhaust instead. Ultimately, I believe you just do like you are saying and plug the EGR line. Don't think a "desmog" is required for the header install.

Just read through your thread, I am only an hour away in Boone. Just thought I would say hey to a fellow WNC cruiserhead. I noticed you said you were going to replace your clutch master and slave back in January. I just replaced my master, it was a super easy install, let me know if you need any tips.

Thank you @Mace , @beno !

Just read through your thread, I am only an hour away in Boone. Just thought I would say hey to a fellow WNC cruiserhead. I noticed you said you were going to replace your clutch master and slave back in January. I just replaced my master, it was a super easy install, let me know if you need any tips.
Awesome. I have quite a few friends who go to APP so awesome to hear another mudder is around here. Yeah i finished my master and slave not long after that post, like you said, pretty easy job. clutch and brakes havent troubled me since. Appreciate the help though.

I got the head off yesterday. But, it ended up not being a happy day...

#3 got raped.

IMG_4490[1].JPG

IMG_4489[1].JPG

IMG_4479[1].JPG

So re-viving my build thread. Recently moved to Denver CO. My truck is de-smogged without the HAC system. Just one of the hoses going straight to the distributor.. Was wondering if I should re-install the HAC system or is the direct route just as re-liable?

The HAC advances the timing and allows more air to the carb above 3930ft.
You can mechanically advance the timing and just leave it alone if you're not driving to lower altitudes.
Will you continue to have the truck registered in NC? I believe Denver has smog checks so that could be a problem.

The HAC advances the timing and allows more air to the carb above 3930ft.
You can mechanically advance the timing and just leave it alone if you're not driving to lower altitudes.
Will you continue to have the truck registered in NC? I believe Denver has smog checks so that could be a problem.
Okay, I don't plan on going to lower elevations for a while. what about carb Mixture though?
It' actually registered in AK, which i plan to not change. I haven't research the exact rules for AK but it's coming up next year so I will need to soon...

Ah, thread revival by OP, I like it.

Nice looking truck, what part of Kentucky did you pull that out of? Also, do I notice a MG Rostyle wheel in one of the early photos?
Thanks, don't quite remember, it was a small town south of lexington I believe. Yes! I had an MG midget as my first car.

Okay, I don't plan on going to lower elevations for a while. what about carb Mixture though?
It' actually registered in AK, which i plan to not change. I haven't research the exact rules for AK but it's coming up next year so I will need to soon...

Thanks, don't quite remember, it was a small town south of lexington I believe. Yes! I had an MG midget as my first car.
Mine wasn't working and I'm planning to get rid of the carb but in the meantime I just advanced the timing.
I drive above 5000' to 12000' and haven't had any issues with being too rich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom