3D Printed Key Fob - Bye Bye Cracked OEM Shells (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How do the edges of titanium come out with waterjet? I normally use laser for thin metals like that. I've gone though a dozen key blank/cases, on my last one, hopefully this becomes available soon.

How do the edges of titanium come out with waterjet? I normally use laser for thin metals like that. I've gone though a dozen key blank/cases, on my last one, hopefully this becomes available soon.

I haven't waterjet Ti yet, but with 304 and aluminum it's all been about the cutting speed. I had some intricate details on a large sheet and the machinist just slowed it down and greatly improved the edge finish.

I'll have to play around with it and see what works. I think with a slow cutting speed and some basic finish work it'll turn out well.

Sign me up!

IMG_7515.JPG

My cruiser key is doing ok for right now, but I just cracked the wife's LX key. Looking forward to the finished product!

Definitely interested as well! I'm tired of having to buy these shells, I'm on my 4th in the last 6yrs.

Finished Rev A model shown here. I'll be talking with my waterjet vendor Monday to determine cost and lead time for metal reinforcement band at which point I'll know final pricing. I expect to have units ready to sell immediately following HIH. I was hoping to have it done before HIH, but I'll be a few days too late. If anyone's going to HIH, flag me down Friday or Saturday night to see the prototype in person!

Rev A Render - back.JPG

Rev A Render.JPG

I am in for one of the integrated fob/blade combo units. If we have metal options, I prefer titanium, but will take whatever you make. Please let me know when it's available. I don't know about HIH, so I don't know what that means timing-wise.

I still like this one I got from you but that new version looks sweet!

View attachment 1502782

That actually looks really cool worn in a little. I think I prefer it to the brand new blue, haha.

Unobtanium version?
Pretty common in my basement... haha.

I am in for one of the integrated fob/blade combo units. If we have metal options, I prefer titanium, but will take whatever you make. Please let me know when it's available. I don't know about HIH, so I don't know what that means timing-wise.

I was debating starting a group buy. I normally do that with new releases, but the last few products I launched didn't get much attention out of the gate so the "group buys" have been pathetic. If there's demand for this new integrated key, I'll do a group buy and offer up a small discount for being in the first group. Once I know final pricing I'll post something up.

Capture.JPG

I am in for one

Me 2. x2

In for new design. Diggin' it.

I'd be in for at least two

I'm in for 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom