The Coleman Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did not own any Coleman stoves prior to reading this thread. Now I have 3...... I picked these up this morning at a garage sale. One is a 425E the other is a 425F. He told me $5 for the both and I could not pass it up. Gonna try to fire em up today sometime.
IMG_2662.JPG

it's a work in progress, but does its job!

Doing a little garage straightening.
The green one is June 1972 and the blue one is April 1977.
20170708_103530.jpg

I can't find a date on this 425. Check out the generator.
20170708_115320.jpg

My wife's lantern. From her dad's stash. I believe the globe is a replacement. Other than that it is original and in remarkable condition.
20170708_190613.jpg
20170708_190635.jpg

Milspec ... that was something in my grandpas collection I did not get

Thanks to this forum and thread, I have now acquired 2 Coleman stoves. One a 1973 425 and the other, a dual fuel stove 424. Both in ok looking condition but both lit right up. The dual stove burns a bit yellow so will need to disassemble it, clean it, strip paint and wire wheel some rust from it and finally paint it but should be good when rebuilt. The old 1973 one burns excellent. Am torn as to which one to keep. Am planning on giving one to a buddy of mine since he likes to camp but does not have one of his own. What do u guys think?

Thanks to this forum and thread, I have now acquired 2 Coleman stoves. One a 1973 425 and the other, a dual fuel stove 424. Both in ok looking condition but both lit right up. The dual stove burns a bit yellow so will need to disassemble it, clean it, strip paint and wire wheel some rust from it and finally paint it but should be good when rebuilt. The old 1973 one burns excellent. Am torn as to which one to keep. Am planning on giving one to a buddy of mine since he likes to camp but does not have one of his own. What do u guys think?

They are essentially the same stove. Personally the older the better for me. If the 425 is a runner keep it and use it. Fix up the other one for your buddy as time allows. Suit case stoves are everywhere but some day the supply will be gone (like Cruisers) and people will be looking for propane alternatives.

The Northstar propane is a good lantern as far as propane goes. I've been looking for a Northstar gasoline lantern in the wild forever and they are just rare I guess. Never seen on running but they are supposed to be a beast.

Passed up a couple of old Coleman stoves at garage sales today, one was a really old three burner for $8. They'r still out there cheap.

Passed up a couple of old Coleman stoves at garage sales today, one was a really old three burner for $8. They'r still out there cheap.

What discipline. I have a disease I inherited from my father (brother has it too)—I'm incapable of not buying coleman lanterns and stoves found at yard sales and second hand stores. The only prophylactic is high prices.

What discipline. I have a disease I inherited from my father (brother has it too)—I'm incapable of not buying coleman lanterns and stoves found at yard sales and second hand stores. The only prophylactic is high prices.
I had my wife with me, nuff said?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom