Builds Ikarus' LX470 Offroad Build and BS (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice! I just picked up a 2005 LC. It already came with a 2' Ironman lift. Don't plan on doing too much to it besides sliders and a hidden winch mount up front. It's my wife's DD so I wont be off-roading it too much. Plan on getting a trial rig down the road.

Your LX is coming along well man,

Not going to lie I miss your Tacoma, hahaha

I know they are worlds apart in what each drives like.

I'm slowly hunting for a good deal on a 98-02 LX for the wife and man it seems hard to find one in silver!
I always come up with white or black and the occasional gold, :(

I will keep looking though.

Hows the ride in the rear w/out the added weight of the bumper right now?

And after you install your new front bumper you can just adjust the TBs correct?

Your LX is coming along well man,

Not going to lie I miss your Tacoma, hahaha

I know they are worlds apart in what each drives like.

I'm slowly hunting for a good deal on a 98-02 LX for the wife and man it seems hard to find one in silver!
I always come up with white or black and the occasional gold, :(

I will keep looking though.

Hows the ride in the rear w/out the added weight of the bumper right now?

And after you install your new front bumper you can just adjust the TBs correct?

Yeah my Taco was awesome, miss it sometimes. But I'm loving this and will make it just as great.

Yeah I think this silver/bluish color is hard to find. Vapor Blue Metallic I believe. The ride in the rear is a little rough, I think I might buy a bumper soon. And yes, I can just readjust the TBs once I get my front bumper - might need an alignment though.

2017-06-21%2017.35.08_zps7j1wiabj.jpg

The cruiser did great on this trail, nothing too sketchy but there were some good drop offs, ruts, mud and fallen rocks/trees in the way. Kept up with the mrzr and my buddy's jeep on 37s just fine. No rubbing at all.

2017-06-21%2017.34.07%20HDR_zpspy7ggksx.jpg

I had to take a few execs from an NVG company up the mountain and they were impressed with the cruiser and the fact that I didn't scrape or get stuck. Got a few screams when we got close to a 100 ft drop off and the road narrowed to 9 or 10 feet. haha

2017-06-21%2018.57.33-1%20copy_zps9at9fyks.jpg

2017-06-21%2020.51.48_zpsm21ef6pw.jpg

Spent some time in an abandoned mining town. Roads were in rough shape, decided to test out the suspension. Went through some big potholes at 40-50 mph and no rubbing. I'm impressed with the OME suspension at speed.

2017-06-21%2010.22.19_zpswxcfdmdr.jpg

Had the weirdest thing happen last week. My air conditioning was feeling low and when I popped the hood, I realized my fan had exploded and taken out half the shroud. Luckily the radiator was fine.
6dh5dWZ.jpg

So I took it to the shop and got it replaced and now the AC is feeling great. In a completely random coincidence that same day, a spark plug cracked and broke my #8 coil pack, so I replaced the plugs and that coil pack. Everything's running perfectly now.
ceICNP8.jpg

And I am now the owner of two Lexuses.. who does that? ha turning into a fan boy I guess
tY8zipb.jpg

Quick Moab overnighter. My friend brought his Jeep and we just hit a couple trails south of town.
iRUwOE0.jpg

JO9aU4K.jpg

vvWhv6K.jpg

J0jkchm.jpg

8SiQt5R.jpg

3KXOqTr.jpg

The LX did great. Been trying to decide between lockers and bumpers first but I needed both better clearance and better traction on this run..

QW2UlyM.jpg

Nice LX @ikarus ... super jealous that you can do "quick" weekend getaways to Moab :) What's the story with the beat up Tacoma?

Maybe could do something like this...plus lockers

Sorry somehow pic doesn't show...
a>

Can't see it, what is it?

Nice LX @ikarus ... super jealous that you can do "quick" weekend getaways to Moab :) What's the story with the beat up Tacoma?

I love living in Utah, nice to have places like that just a few hours away. Just found that truck off of a trail. Looks like they rolled it and abandoned it. Not sure why the a pillars were cut off, maybe someone was stuck?

Can't see it, what is it?

I love living in Utah, nice to have places like that just a few hours away. Just found that truck off of a trail. Looks like they rolled it and abandoned it. Not sure why the a pillars were cut off, maybe someone was stuck?

Yeah, looked like someone wrote "get well soon" on the side. I hope they did.

Hoping to head out to Moab, Canyonlands, Zion and Arches next summer....bit of a trek from Austin, TX though.

New brake rotors, calipers and pads:
ejBu1XH.jpg

agOCEd8.jpg

My rear driver's side caliper failed, stuck, and wore down to metal on metal. Nasty screeching noise. I got home and to the shop as soon as I could but I was 100 miles away. I was planning on replacing all the rotors and pads soon anyway, so I went ahead and got all 4 corners taken care of.

5KHa71p.jpg

My rear bumper paint is flaking off. I need to get a Slee bumper one of these days. Luckily I finally finished my BMW build and got it running and driving, so I should have time to get working on the LX again.

50fwiJL.jpg

It's too bad you are in Utah, I'd have taken those wheels!

PS I think you know my good friend Brandon from Dallas. I Saw your rig in the background of some of his pics from when he was out with you at the salt flats!! Small world.

It's too bad you are in Utah, I'd have taken those wheels!

PS I think you know my good friend Brandon from Dallas. I Saw your rig in the background of some of his pics from when he was out with you at the salt flats!! Small world.

Funny, yeah he mentioned he had a friend with a 100, might have been you? I do a little bit of work in the motorcycle industry so I know him from there. He's an awesome photographer.

Yeah I didn't post in here but it was a good time, I was shooting my friend's Defender 90 -

qMQP4HI.jpg

BVNi74l.jpg

FpYlxhL.jpg

I like my cruiser but it just didn't feel as photogenic as the Land Rover. ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom