Fan won't blow... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ocho77

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.op-art.guru
I've searched....

97 LX450. I replaced my stereo yesterday and when I put everything back together the fan won't blow. A/C compressor kicks on, idle changes, all lights work, including the individual fan lights...and I can hear it click when I change the fan speed buttons...but the fan does not blow.

Pulled the center out and the plugs are plugged in. 10 amp fuse is good. All lights work.

IF the fan is shot, it's quite the coincidence that it happened when I replaced the stereo.

Thoughts on where to check next?

My guess is that the connector you removed from the climate control unit to put in the new stereo wasn't fully reconnected.

There's a larger fuse in the driver's-knee fuse panel which feeds the climate controls. If that is loose, AC controls light up but no blower. I had this issue, and after 30 seconds of panicking went right to the fuse panel. I barely bent the "fuse retainer" to keep the sucker in.

There's a larger fuse in the driver's-knee fuse panel which feeds the climate controls. If that is loose, AC controls light up but no blower. I had this issue, and after 30 seconds of panicking went right to the fuse panel. I barely bent the "fuse retainer" to keep the sucker in.

Left side, in the fuse block? I swapped out the 10 amp A/C fuse. Is that the one, or is there another that I am missing?

It's the larger square on the left. 40 I think? Gosh someone help me out I sound ridiculous.

20130331_161028-medium-jpg.742508
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/20130331_161028-medium-jpg.742508/

It's the larger square on the left. 40 I think? Gosh someone help me out I sound ridiculous.

Thanks! I'll run out and check it.

@Ocho77 Its the ac Amplifier underneath the steering wheel under the dash right by where your right knee would be. Its a white box. These get wet and corrode causing the fan in an LX450 or 40th anniv 80 series with the Auto button not to function.

Last edited:
Did it work out?

It did not work out, unfortunately. Replaced both the 30 and 40 amp fuses there as well. No joy.

@FloridaFJ80 I hope it's not the a/c amplifier. Just replaced that less than a year ago. And, when that went bad, it was different symptoms...

Last edited:
it would be best to retrace what you touched. pull the dash apart again and poke around with your hand or chopstick with the blower engaged. anything you touched is suspect and should be looked at again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom