new to me, FJ70 today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for all the advice the last few days while looking at an RJ70, owner just wanted to much for the condition it was in.. finally got a hold of FJ70 owner I have been trying to contact for over a week and went to have a look... agreed on price, and will pick up in a few days.

1989 FJ70.

20170721_163248_zpsufr2wluk.jpg

Love the rear seat set up. You can carry a lot more when folded up.

Hello,

Nice find. Looks clean. It has full floating rear axles.

Rear jump seats provide a lot of useful space.

The engine bay needs some TLC. It appears the air intake duct had vacuum pipe connected to the air box. The engine has sucked dirty air by that hole. You should plug it while you get all the parts.

The resonator looks funny.

Juan

Nice truck
My first job on her would be have the radiator reconditioned with new plumbing by looking at the heater hose. She will come up great with a under bonnet clean up.
Good score mate. :)

A 7 seater is a bargain. Has it been resprayed? Certainly needs all that dust cleaned out. The accelerator cable is under the air intake. It should be on top and slotted into that groove on the intake.:grinpimp:

The resonator looks funny.

Mine didn't have one and the intakes a bit different. This one looks like one of the bare bones models with the manual shift t/case, vinyl floors and bench seat. Japan and Australia got mostly medium spec models . The PZJ70/73 models that came to oz were bare bones like this, but not many around.
robs pics 003 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
My FJ73 3F engine has the resonator on it.

I couldn't see the resonator on the FJ7* in the parts diagram but the FZJ7* has it and it looks like the 1HZ type. The one on Defuzer1' landcruiser looks different .

I couldn't see the resonator on the FJ7* in the parts diagram but the FZJ7* has it and it looks like the 1HZ type. The one on Defuzer1' landcruiser looks different .

Hello,

Could it be possible that the PO replaced the original air duct with one from an FZJ7*?

Anyway, extra holes should be plugged.

Juan

The duct looks 1FZ but pics of FZJ7* have the 1HZ resonator a lot closer to airfilter. But its getting harder to find pics of completely unmolested 7* series that are 20-30 years old.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/dioscw/ih8mud/2.jpg

The hole in top of the airfilter box needs plugging also

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for pointing out some issues. It will not be driven at all over the next few months and I will have it serviced completely. (labor is very cheap in Kuwait). plan on shipping back to the US along with the 92 FZJ80 in January. cost was approx. $5600 US, and after seeing multiple other 70's lately, this one was in very good shape.

I know very little about these vehicles, but grabbed this one because it was in better shape than others I have seen and price was quite a bit lower. time to start catching up on 70 series.

That would be a good one to leave relatively unmolested. Maybe a small suspension lift and some 32' tyres. Early 70 series intact with good bodies are rare now. All those vinyl seat coverings are still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom