Builds PZJ70 build-refurbish!? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ian,

We are good to go on the molded vinyl flooring. Looks like they will go into my last production run before the move in approx. 2 weeks. I'll PM you with the final details, etc..

Jason

Thanks brother, appreciate the fast response and customer service!

Cheers

Always nice to have a matching interior AYE!..... :rofl::rofl:

Fo' sure! ;)

It may be an LX which meant carpet but I like vinyl and when I "refurbish" I do what I like and what I think looks good and is nice. One of my best friends hates vinyl but he isn't me and this isn't his truck. That is part of what I think will make my trucks different than other importers. Ya know some offer very nice JDM originals, a few others refurbish like me but at least right now I treat every truck as if it was my own. I spent 4hrs today cleaning inside every panel and nook and cranny on this truck because that is just how I do things. I have got at least another 4hrs with a pressure washer before I even start in on the next level of "refurbish" but again that is how I do things.

Looking forward to fitting your vinyl kit and showing it off! Bummer for me that won't be until the truck is in Boise. :(

Cheers

Fo' sure! ;)

It may be an LX which meant carpet but I like vinyl and when I "refurbish" I do what I like and what I think looks good and is nice. One of my best friends hates vinyl but he isn't me and this isn't his truck. That is part of what I think will make my trucks different than other importers. Ya know some offer very nice JDM originals, a few others refurbish like me but at least right now I treat every truck as if it was my own. I spent 4hrs today cleaning inside every panel and nook and cranny on this truck because that is just how I do things. I have got at least another 4hrs with a pressure washer before I even start in on the next level of "refurbish" but again that is how I do things.

Looking forward to fitting your vinyl kit and showing it off! Bummer for me that won't be until the truck is in Boise. :(

Cheers

Oh I understand. Nothing like buying a cruiser and spending good money on a "cleaned up" rig to find gum, loose change, french fries and hair under every seat and console...

I've seen a couple of your rigs and they were in immaculate condition. Your old 60 in Jackson was sweet, nice suspension mods on that one too. I want you to try some of my 70 foam cell shocks.

J

So as I just mentioned, what is the next level of refurbish once I have it cleaned up!? And cleaned up means scrapping all old dirt and crud from every nook and cranny inside every panel. Shop vac it all out and then I will de-grease and pressure wash. After that I will seal it all up with Rust Bullet. I have used Rust Bullet on about 5-6 trucks now including coating the entire inside of frames with it which is one nasty and not fun job! I find it is easier to work with than POR15 and is a pretty high quality product. I have a lot of work to do before I am ready to apply it and I will have to get it shipped down to me here but no worries. Time is something I do have lots of right now. A gallon should do it.

Cheers

Oh I understand. Nothing like buying a cruiser and spending good money on a "cleaned up" rig to find gum, loose change, french fries and hair under every seat and console...

I've seen a couple of your rigs and they were in immaculate condition. Your old 60 in Jackson was sweet, nice suspension mods on that one too. I want you to try some of my 70 foam cell shocks.

J

Thanks man.

My buddies 96 LX we (we being myself and @Krazytoy and a few others) just finished up the v8 swap into is a very nice original truck but man the grocery getters sure do have lots of that gum, spilled cokes and koolaids and just plain 20yrs of funk hiding in them. Pretty much got to gut the interior on these trucks and do the dirty work if you want it nice.

Sooner or later I will get a hot water pressure washer which makes these jobs 100x easier but until that time I do it the old fashion way.

Cheers

Hey no worries Clint.

I have no idea if it will work in a RHD cruiser but I can tell you it makes the clutch pedal pretty soft.

Good luck!

Cheers

Mine seems to have the same clutch booster as your PZJ70. Unfortunately mine no longer works and seems to be NLA nor does a rebuild kit seem to be available. At least that is what I was told anyways.

Mine seems to have the same clutch booster as your PZJ70. Unfortunately mine no longer works and seems to be NLA nor does a rebuild kit seem to be available. At least that is what I was told anyways.

Depending on who told you it may be true. However, I was told at the dealership down here a bunch are parts are not available, last night I searched www.amayama.com and turns out they are available. Try going there and putting in your vin number and searching. They have the EPC connected to the site and it searches two markets, Japan and UAE. Once you make an inquiry they search to see if the parts are actually available. I have bought thousands of dollars in parts off there in the past. A very good resource.

Cheers

I am not ordering it anytime soon as the pedal is easy to push without it. I am way behind on installing all the parts I have gotten so far. I have all kinds of Toyota parts sitting in my living room. Windshield surround, lift kit, knuckle rebuild kit, and other small bits and pieces.

Tilt column pawl was all seized up and not working. Got it free'ed up and working good now.
IMG_3986.JPG

Cheers

Changing my plans on the console. Staying with original because I found a new OEM Toyota console in brown. Pretty happy about that! I didn't think it was available at all. I am used to working with FJ60/62's where these kinds of parts are not available especially in brown. I also worked with vintage 1960-1979 Nissan Patrols for many many years and the amount of parts I could get for those was very sad. FJ40 parts are more than plentiful compared to the old Patrols. Real nice change being able to get a lot of stuff from Toyota still for the 70-series.

Cheers

Contact your local 70 series scrapyard ;)

I have that sitting on the shelve

And for those people that dislike the grill on this truck I bought the the correct year grill in black!

;)

Cheers

I have a stack of all years of 70 series grills if you want some oem for future builds

Where's the turbocharger??

This is a 1PZ so never had one from the factory. A person could certainly add one and @crushers loves his with a turbo from what I have read. ;)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom