Removed PO's airbag suspension, what to coat holes with? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,
I had been driving with the P.O.'s dry-rotted airbags installed and since I had my truck in the shop today to get some things done they went ahead and removed the air lines and shocks/mounts for me so I'm back to stock, but I have 3 threaded holes on each frame rail that I want to get covered up tomorrow morning to prevent rust. (I'm on the coast of Virginia) They're nice and shiny silver right now...
I was going to grab some rattle can Rust-Oleum automotive paint or their undercoat paint and shoot the holes. Thought I'd see if anyone has used that and if it would work.
If anyone has any other ideas though definitely let me know.
Thanks!
Bryan

Spray can of black appliance epoxy.
Rust-Oleum would work too.
Thanks. I was hoping that would be enough. I figured if I filed the holes a bit then shot them it would work. Local big box places have auto rustoleum prime and paint. Otherwise I could order some Por15. Even wondered if I just put bolts in if that might work, but painting is probably safer.

BTW you can post images off dropbox. Just change the 0 to a 1 at the end of the link.
frame.jpg

BTW you can post images off dropbox. Just change the 0 to a 1 at the end of the link.
frame.jpg
Thanks for that tip, that's great!
I swung by my mechanic's shop this morning, he gave me back all the hardware, I think I might just shoot the area with primer and then bolt the mounting plate back on with the screws. Maybe a little silicon on them. Then shoot the bracket once it's on for good measure. Figure that would be a quick fix and pretty solid. I appreciate the help. I knew even though I sold my Cruiser to get the Taco I'd still be on here haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom