7th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 26-30 2017* Silverton·CO·USA·EARTH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm working on my pre-event hit list and wondered if Yankee and Governors basins would be part of the trail for Imogen to Ophir? If they aren't I'll get to them before Thursday but will be patient otherwise. I checked the trail description which didn't have them listed and am guessing they aren't but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.

I'm working on my pre-event hit list and wondered if Yankee and Governors basins would be part of the trail for Imogen to Ophir? If they aren't I'll get to them before Thursday but will be patient otherwise. I checked the trail description which didn't have them listed and am guessing they aren't but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.

Cool areas. But not included on that run. Thx

Going West today.

650 miles behind us already and another 300 to Salina for the night.

Air temps are stupid hot today. It was 90 at 9:00 am, and 104F rolling through St Louis around noon. Coolant temps have been back & forth between 1, 98 &204, trans temps around 154, hotter than I care for but I'm pulling a trailer with my moto, rooftop box, and enough tools to open a repair shop.

Looking forward to cooler temps, and really dont mind the prospect of a little rain in Colorado- that should keep the dust down on the trails.

Stopping in Snowmass and Crested Butte before Silverton.

See ya'll next week.

IMG_2183.JPG

Good gravy! 104 in Hotlanta and 106 in Louisiana!? Those are brutal temps in Albuquerque with no humidity. I can't imagine how much worse it is with humidity.

Its 88 in Hotlanta, 102 out here on I-70 on the plains of KS.

Tried to post a photo. Couldn't figure it out. Then I tried to delete my post when I realized I didn't know what I'm doing. Failed at that too.

Last edited:
Just made it to the snake river in Idaho. 7.7 mpg (uncorrected for tire size) through Northern Nevada and SE Oregon. 150-200 mile range sucks! Having a comfy prego wife that cooks even better while camping than she does at home makes it worth it.

IMG_6921.JPG

Just made it to the snake river in Idaho. 7.7 mpg (uncorrected for tire size) through Northern Nevada and SE Oregon. 150-200 mile range sucks! Having a comfy prego wife that cooks even better while camping than she does at home makes it worth it.

View attachment 1500943
Now I dont feel so bad about bringing my pop up

Well, now that I'm part of the desert clan I'll post up what I'm running away from as well!

I'm leaving tomorrow (21st) to Phoenix, park at the airport, go visit a friend in MI for a few days, fly back then finish driving into CO!

IMG_7539.jpg

Just a suggestion as we are all getting our rigs ready. This seems to get overlooked so I thought I would mention it. I spent about 10 minutes under the back of the LC adjusting the E Brake cable and lubing up the pivots on the E Brake. If you need it, it better be there, and mine was not working at all. If your old Land Cruiser is like mine, then get that E Brake working well.

Just a suggestion as we are all getting our rigs ready. This seems to get overlooked so I thought I would mention it. I spent about 10 minutes under the back of the LC adjusting the E Brake cable and lubing up the pivots on the E Brake. If you need it, it better be there, and mine was not working at all. If your old Land Cruiser is like mine, then get that E Brake working well.

I had some pull it to the sky moments on black bear last year. Took care of it and now it's only 2-3 clicks and she's firm. Good tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom