Best Country to find and Import FJ40 from? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a long time Yota guy. Lots of pickups and early 4Runners over the years. I'm nearing 50 and finally looking for a clean FJ40 for a restoration project. Must run and drive along the way - I am looking for something without major rust issues requiring repairs.
I am also embarking on a 10 month, 10 country 20 city world tour this year. My company is sending me to help train people in Europe, North Afica and Asia so I am going to be be in 'Cruiser country a lot of the time.
I intend to keep an eye out for 1 or more suitable vehicles to ship home to Canada (makes sense to fill a shipping container right).
What are the best regions or countries to deal with to export cars from? I'm thinking Morrocco might be tough but Spain might be easier. Just trying to educate myself as to what to expect and which countries to eliminate.
Thanks,
Grant

Be careful. Both countries have high mountains with lots of snow, use tons of salt and vehicle maintenance is not high on people's agenda. Rust buckets are everywhere.

I find it interesting the OP is looking a FJ40 without major rust to import to Canada and no one mentions the Southwest part of the US. In general these have had a easier life then countries they were rode hard and put up wet. I have eight FJ40S none with major rust issues but need to be rebuilt mechanically.

I guess it would be easiest to get a nice one (possibly restored one) from California or some other dry US state. Importing would also be easy I guess?
In Europe we can have nice ones, but I'm not sure if it would be cheaper than one from the US?
Here in Holland the old cars can have lots of rust, but that doesn't mean much, you can buy nice restored ones here (but the market is small)

Anyway, looking to make a good deal globally (with Left-hand drive vehicles), the best place might even be Iran. I've been there, and they have a market for enthusiasts for the 40 series. You can see very nice restored ones, no rust, and they are probably the cheapest when it comes to buying a good restored Landcruiser. However, it must be crazy difficult to import one from Iran. Even to export it there.

Tip, did you go to secondary school in White Rock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom