Suzuki Getting rid of the multitude of ground wires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Soon I will be reinstalling the wiring harness, dash, etc etc in the Samurai again, after having gone the body / tub rebuild.

As I recall, there are a multitude of ground wires under the dash and in the interior that connect to the body and to the the steel interior bar that spans from side to side under the dash. Thinking, I would like to have all of these grounds [that do not go back directly to the battery or into the oem harness ] go to a common buss bar. That buss bar would be wired directly to the battery ground.

Has anybody done this? What did you use for a buss bar? Is there such a thing?

I will be using the same concept for the wiring of the front / rear led lights, and the few wires in the engine bay.
Mine is a diesel conversion, so I won't have the wires that you gassers have to deal with. The fewer body grounds the better........

This is only a longshot but what happens if the common ground for all your grounds it either gets corroded or older it breaks or something like that ? Everything that you have ground to that one bus bar you're going to have a circuit open and it's not gonna work any of your items. I do have a negative BuSbar but it's not for any major component in my vehicle. So nothing like my electric fuel pump or my electric fan or make ignition modules, nothing like that is running off of that one major ground each one of those is independently ground. However same goes for relays, common ground or ground each one separately? I would just personally use the grounds that were originally there because the designer of that vehicle probably knew what he was doing. Not that you don't know what you're doing I'm just saying he is probably an engineer and you want to be an engineer as well but I would use the same grounds that were used when the vehicle was designed and built

I prefer more grounds than not. Engine to frame and body to frame in multiple places . Battery to engine , frame and harness. Harness to frame and body. Poor grounds and you'll be dealing with wipers that turn on when you use your hazards.
I had a 40 that came in with the frame to engine ground missing and no engine to cab ground. The battery was only grounded to the frame. The choke cable was the only active ground between the battery and engine. It would glow red hot when cranking. The only ground to starter was through the harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom