TLCA chapter for MI/OH/IN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If anyone is going to be in TC June 17th and would like to catch a great show at the historic Traverse City Opera House, I’m doing a show w/ The Bottle Rockets and Eric Ambel. Here’s a link for info and tix sales.....

Bottle Rockets, Eric Ambel and The Surreal McCoys | City Opera House
A little slow to the party so to speak, but just got my tickets for the 17th! I'm pretty fired up for this. My tentative plan is to hit the road mid week prior to the show, roll up on the slowest road I can find, maybe roll all of M-22, camp and pretty much be a Land Cruiser vagrant for a few days. Very excited!

Glad to hear folks are coming in. Should be a great show. Also - this just hit my feed. Listed about an hour ago.

Munising MI. Upper Peninsula. 1998 w/ 122K miles. Green. Center and rear diff. $10,850.00

1998 Toyota Landcruiser
Looks like a good deal. I can't believe the deals on 100's lately. They are great rigs.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend and thinking of those who gave everything for a country of freedom so we could have the opportunity to be citizens and on our free time to be car geeks!
Heading out in the morning to TN to fetch the "trifecta closure" machine. It's a red 60 that needs lots of love but I am hoping it can return to glory soon. Kind of a long roll (9 hrs) in my old 260,000 mile F350 but no worries, it will be a nice adventure. Here's a sneak peek
00x0x_dlwdIgfxqxp_600x450.jpg

She's battered but solid and I've got big plans! Wish me luck.

Starting a collection in Michigan??

Starting a collection in Michigan??
Yes!!! 40, 60, 80!

Then it will be time to fill in the gaps 45, 55, 70, 100, 200. But alas, now I'm really broke!

That's awesome!! I had to work most the weekend, but did start to wrench on mine. Ran into a hack job that someone performed on my front axles. Went to do brakes, rotors and calipers and found that someone decided that a screwdriver/chisel was the best way to put the spindle nuts on and over tightened one to the point that it stripped the nut and spindle on my driver side. Now just waiting for parts while it's still on the lift. A bit disheartening but i'm hoping to bring the ol'rust bucket back to life sooner than later.

Yes!!! 40, 60, 80!

Then it will be time to fill in the gaps 45, 55, 70, 100, 200. But alas, now I'm really broke!

It's pretty tough to have them all at the same time. I've had 45swb, 45LV and 55 at the same time, as well as 40,60,62 and 80, a mini truck, 1st, 3rd and 5th gen 4runner, T-100 and 1st and 2nd gen tundra.

Yes!!! 40, 60, 80!

I's say get a 100 series and that is pretty nice collection. You have the old school covered with the 40/60 and the 100 for a modern Land Cruiser with the lovely V8 power.

I's say get a 100 series and that is pretty nice collection. You have the old school covered with the 40/60 and the 100 for a modern Land Cruiser with the lovely V8 power.
No argument there. I love the 100.
I totally screwed up a couple of years ago when we were shopping to replace my wife's 4th gen 4runner. I left the door open and she wanted a 5th gen. If I would have played it better we would have wound up with a 100. She loves her Toyotas but going backward in years was a tough sell and the 200 is too much $$. I like the 4runner but it is not a Cruiser in so many ways. When I can swing it, we may well skip the 100 and get that 200 though. Some way somehow a 100 will probably happen!

@dogfishlake did you ever transfer the other 80 to your sister? If so how does she like it??

@dogfishlake did you ever transfer the other 80 to your sister? If so how does she like it??
I did. She is loving it. She follows mud a lot and joined but I don't think she has posted yet.

Sorry to say it, but I won't be making the show Saturday in TC. I had been looking forward to a vacation for a long time and got started (late) on Wednesday and met @Ocho77 at Woody's Tavern on my way north. That was cool and he's a cool dude. From there I stayed at my buddy's property Wednesday night, but on Thursday I had a family medical sort of emergency as well as sitting on the phone putting out "fires" at work. Pretty much the fun of vacation was sucked out at that point, so I headed back. All is good at home now where things matter most, but alas a vacation still awaits. If anyone wants 2 tickets to Saturday's show in TC, let me know, they are all yours! I'm sure it will be great.

@dogfishlake

Sorry to hear about the family. Hope everything works out, and if you need anything please don't hesitate to reach out.

@ElviMcCoy, we had a great time at the concert! Both bands and Eric Ambel rocked it.

Thanks again for providing the opportunity to get some great seats . Wish we could have linked up. However, my wife and I travel up to T.C. quite a bit, so maybe we can share a cocktail sometime. I took a picture of what I assume to be your 60, parked behind the opera house:

IMG_3447.JPG

I am still hoping we can get a get together going for people in the club. If parties are still interested, please let me know. Let's get something scheduled soon, either at a great bar, or I am willing to host at my house/property, which is between Ludington and Baldwin.

If people prefer, I will just choose a location and date. If you prefer to us all work it out, or you have dates that don't work, please let me know, and I'll throw a date out.

Cheers! :beer:

Jonathan

@dogfishlake

Sorry to hear about the family. Hope everything works out, and if you need anything please don't hesitate to reach out.

@ElviMcCoy, we had a great time at the concert! Both bands and Eric Ambel rocked it.

Thanks again for providing the opportunity to get some great seats . Wish we could have linked up. However, my wife and I travel up to T.C. quite a bit, so maybe we can share a cocktail sometime. I took a picture of what I assume to be your 60, parked behind the opera house:

View attachment 1480990

I am still hoping we can get a get together going for people in the club. If parties are still interested, please let me know. Let's get something scheduled soon, either at a great bar, or I am willing to host at my house/property, which is between Ludington and Baldwin.

If people prefer, I will just choose a location and date. If you prefer to us all work it out, or you have dates that don't work, please let me know, and I'll throw a date out.

Cheers! :beer:

Jonathan

Glad you had a good time! Wish I could have gone but it just wasn't right for me to continue my trip. Every parent knows that feeling. Everything is great now.

I am up for a get together. @Ocho77 lives in a cool area and would be a great host I'm sure. I would be all about hosting too, but outside the trails I've got on my property in Greenville, we aren't going far. Still, I'd be all about it anyway. I will do my best to go most anywhere to meet cruiser people!

I'm heading to Irons this afternoon for a family camping thing. Probably go to the big ox roast thing there in irons this week. But i have to be back home Saturday to work. If your around give me shout.

Reviewing old threads... what do you all think about that TLCA membership? We're getting closer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom