$700 for a 94 Locked LC- Any Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent an hour trying to get hood open. Owner couldn't find key but did produce the clean title. Still in money but someone defin jacked with electrical. Both mirrors jacked. Killed 5 wasp nest. Never got hood open but did read funny mud post on stuck hoods. Meeting with guy mañana. Think I'll get it and a late 90's firebird for a grand. Got to love yellow jackets, 100 degrees, and old cars in corn field. Love Texas.

This is reason #1! :censor:

Cue @LFD2037 getting all p!ssed...:rofl:
I kinda dig the Texan way though. In a sea of bullsh*tters, they generally do a pretty good job of being straightforward with their way of thinking and their way of conversing. It's a different culture than what I am used to as a northerner, but I have spent enough time living and traveling in the south and a bit of Texas to know that it's just as good as ours is for the most part. They deal with different stuff though, so it's kinda hard to really lay any judgement on them.

I guess I really wouldn't care that much about the cultural differences if they let me drive a semi load of their vehicles off a couple times per year to bring them up north. Start small, I guess.

Spent an hour trying to get hood open. Owner couldn't find key but did produce the clean title. Still in money but someone defin jacked with electrical. Both mirrors jacked. Killed 5 wasp nest. Never got hood open but did read funny mud post on stuck hoods. Meeting with guy mañana. Think I'll get it and a late 90's firebird for a grand. Got to love yellow jackets, 100 degrees, and old cars in corn field. Love Texas.
Way to toss the Firebird in for good measure. I would do some hot laps in that thing before I sold it.

The firebird is for a buddy and needs a block. My only real hesitation is that we just moved for the 2nd time in 6months and our first kid will be here in 5 weeks lol. Thanks for all the feedback. Ih8mud is awesome - it saves me money, cost me much more, and results in me over analyzing every auto decision. Seriously thanks for feedback.

The firebird is for a buddy and needs a block. My only real hesitation is that we just moved for the 2nd time in 6months and our first kid will be here in 5 weeks lol. Thanks for all the feedback. Ih8mud is awesome - it saves me money, cost me much more, and results in me over analyzing every auto decision. Seriously thanks for feedback.

Stockpile the toys now. Kids are spensive!!

I don't know how anyone could even possibly question the decision to buy it at that price unless it was a severe cancer patient.

Think best advise is to post the contact info so us more experienced mudders can ask more detailed questions and see if what that person said is true and if it's worth buying.

Last edited:

Oh I had to sleep with Angelina Jole, and then she wanted to make me breakfast, with bacon really dude :flipoff2:

I don't know how anyone could even possibly question the decision to buy it at that price unless it was a severe cancer patient.
LOL LOL
i spent on main 50000$ and it will never be equivalent to this ( in Israel)
you know what i will pay you 2500 $ for Axles + plus the control Lum

Wish mine was 700 bucks when the mods started

Man your wife is patient!!!! Mine knows I am fiending for a Cruiser but if we had just moved I dunno if I could get what you got...then again whenever we move it better have enough room for junkers!

One more reason why I fawking hate Texas!

Buy the damn thing!

How do you know if someone is from Texas?

They already told you.

Mine was a 96 unlocked with 196K on the clock.

It needed a LOT of PM.

I bought it for less than this.

I put a LOT of $$$$ in mine and I'm still in the black. Not to mention mine's black......with chrome.......

And I drove it home.

See, I rode out the kid craze that I was surrounded by in my 30's and I am kinda glad. I just spend the money I ear n as I see fit and my gal kinda pays the way for her kids.
Mine was a 96 unlocked with 196K on the clock.

It needed a LOT of PM.

I bought it for less than this.

I put a LOT of $$$$ in mine and I'm still in the black. Not to mention mine's black......with chrome.......

And I drove it home.

Well, la ti da for you. :flipoff2:

Really though, it takes a lot of money to get these things totally solid. I paid $3K for mine and I painted the previous owner's fancy house for the other half of what they were asking. I have probably dumped another $6K in so far with about another $3K to go to make it really mostly restored beyond the rusting that has already degraded a few parts not worth replacing. All new everything is a bit pricey, but if you do it yourself, you'll have a good time. I don't care so much about money, I mostly just like having the most capable truck I can own. I sure that in the event of the zombie apocalypse, someone would just shoot me on day 3 and take my truck. It's all baseined and ready to rock though, so I would hope someone could use it to conquer what they knew about the world at that point. ;)

Swapping unlocked for locked is a fairly simple task. Pretty much plug and play for the front. You'll need the dial (plugs in), the locker ecu in passenger kick panel, and front harness on passenger side inner fender (plugs in).

You will have to make up a simple harness for the rear. It's the only thing that's not plug and play iirc.

ERR MAH GAWD!!! Seriously dude? Have you spent any time here on Mud? You could sell the axles for at least twice what you paid for the entire truck, the sell the rest of the heap for scrap and come out so far ahead it's rediculous!

If it were me, I'd take advantage of the situation and use it as an EXCELLENT platform for a 5.3 swap. After that, you'd still be in it for less than most of them are going for with the weak ass 1fz motor in it.

If you don't buy it, I'm going to throw up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom