New to the FJ/LC world (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to the off-roading community and have been looking for some active groups in the San Antonio area. Is there anything current that goes on? I have a list of questions but mainly interested in meeting up with a group of enthusiasts that can help me along the way.

--Eric

Howdy Eric,

So the majority of the Alamo City LC Club is operated off of facebook. If your like me and don't have facebook you'll have to rely on someone else to find it for you. The meetings are typically once a month and are held at North loop 1604 and Blanco at the Panera Bread. Show up early and grab some coffee with the guys or come a little later and kick some tires. Usually around 9am I think...Hopefully someone will chime in with more current news, I've been out of Texas for a while, but on my way back. Good luck!

-Cody

Hey Eric... Cody's right about the monthly meetings. However, the turnout is usually pretty low. The Facebook group is fairly active though. If you're looking for Land Cruiser guys, I can help you out... if you have a Jeep and you're looking for some Mud and off road areas, I can help PULL you out. Hit me up man.

-Ryan

Thanks for the response y'all. I just got a '14 FJC TTUE and really want to get out there. I've tried joining their Facebook group and keep getting declined. When are the meetings usually?

IMG_1892.JPG

Good looking FJ Cruiser bud. I'm not sure why you keep getting declined on Facebook. Must be some sort of glitch. They're not that selective, they let me in haha!

Meetings are usually the first Saturday of every month at 9am. Location varies.

Michael is attempting to organize a PINS trip over the 4th holiday weekend. That would be cool for you to go to. I might go out there too, but I haven't decided yet.

There's a few off-road events in Texas a year for Toyota guys specifically, but there are other areas that always have activity going on too, if you want to flex your springs a bit.

I sent a message to a few members on here and I was told there was a meeting Saturday. I do not have Facebook either. I think they said it was a taco place near Bitters/281. I was planning on going if anyone has a time and date I would appreciate it.

I was told it was Los Balitos at 226 W. Bitters at 0900. I will probably drive by and if I see any cruisers out front go in and say hello.

I just got my cruiser last month. I am working on baselining and removing the factory navigation. Hopefully we can gain some insight Saturday. There does not seem to be a LC specific shop here in town.

Dude.. I have no idea what the problem is with the Facebook group. I'm not an admin, so I can't look and see. But I promise, they're not snubbing you. It's just gotta be some sort of glitch. Find me (Ryan Cavazos) on Facebook and I'll see if I can send you an invite.

I would go but 1) I don't use facebook and 2) seems like you have to drive a US market cruiser to fit in. Too many people think I drive a jeep these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom