Green Country Cruisers Meet - June 24th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cansis

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all! I wanted to inform everyone about our bi-monthly meet on Saturday, June 24th at Midwest Expedition Outfitters (MEO) in Tulsa at 12pm (noon). They are located on historic Route 66 at 5508 E 11th St. MEO will graciously be providing lunch for us and Rob Giger will give a short presentation on hand held radios and trail communication options. He is a great source of information and is referred to as "Radio Rob" for a reason!

We also want to discuss ideas and plans for GCC moving forward, as we are hoping to spark more interest and involvement in the group, and not just in Tulsa, but across the area and state. We want input on what you are interested in, whether it be trail rides, weekend overlanding trips to the Ozarks, visiting off road parks, casual picnics, dinner gatherings, discounts at local vendors, etc. I see way too many great looking Cruisers in Tulsa alone for there not to be more active people involved. Cruiser people are a passionate and dedicated bunch, and we need to build upon these connections at a local/state level. Any and all ideas for the club are welcomed and greatly appreciated!

We will also try to nail down a date and location for our October picnic and raffle, as well as a date for our bi-monthly August meet to be hosted by the crew at Cruiser Corps in OKC. They have a beautiful building and is a must visit for any Cruiser enthusiast in the area.

We hope to see new and old faces alike, so please share with any fellow Cruiserhead (or Toyota 4x4 enthusiast) that may not see this message!

- Bryan

I'm gonna try to make it.

I'd like to be there, trying to talk a FJ Cruiser buddy to come along too.

A buddy and I are wanting to hit the trails that weekend and are working on a timeline. How long do thesee meets usually last? I'm guessing an hour or so,plus catching up with folks?

A buddy and I are wanting to hit the trails that weekend and are working on a timeline. How long do thesee meets usually last? I'm guessing an hour or so,plus catching up with folks?
We will be at MEO for probably a few hours, but you are more than welcome to come and go, so feel free to at least stop by and say "Hi". No need to feel obligated to stay for any certain period of time. We'd love to have you guys out!

Thanks, i think we'll make it we are planning our route tonight and I'll confirm. We both know Rob from middle school, so thought it would be fun to get connected to the local Cruiser group, and see Rob. I'm really wanting to learn how to drive and overland. Just signed up for OverlandExpo East this fall, excited!

Will be there!

Glad to here this is going on, probably wont be able to make it to Tusla, but look forward to an OKC meeting!

I'm not able to make it this weekend but definitely interested in future meetings.

Add me to your list
Sounds good. I will keep the forum informed of all future events and gatherings moving forward. We will typically get together somewhere for dinner once a month and have larger meets bi-monthly, trading off between Tulsa and OKC.

Cansis, thanks so much for the club rejuvenation. The meetup Sat was just what I've been looking for. Wish I could have stayed a bit longer be we had a campsite with our names on it, the meet and greet was a great detour.

I just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to everyone that made it out to our meet this past Saturday at Midwest Expedition Outfitters. I was honestly shocked at the turnout, and in a good way! I expected around 20 people to show up and although I did not get a hard count, a few of us estimated 50 plus people come out! It was great meeting everyone and seeing all the new faces show up. This is a great start to what we hope will be consistent involvement and growth moving forward. Also, please feel free to share pictures if you have them, as I failed to take a single one.

If you'd like to officially join GCC or have any questions, shoot me a private message on here and I will get you set up. You can pay in person via cash or check, or online via PayPal, and I will make sure you get a GCC sticker for your vehicle upon payment.

Keep your eyes peeled on here, on our Green Country Cruisers group on Yahoo, or on Facebook for what we have coming up next. Thanks again to all and we hope to see everyone soon!

- Bryan

Big thanks to MEO for hosting the meeting! The turnout was great and the grub and refreshments weren't to bad as well (until they ran out of course )

Can't thank Bryan enough for his leadership and willing to step up and get things rolling in the right direction.

Looking forward to our meet and greet in OKC (Aug 5th?) It going to be a little tough to one up last Saturday but looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom