Builds 1984 FJ40 Restoration In New Zealand #fj40_build_nz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup, 3 wipers, striped cloth seats, transverse rear seat, sliding side windows, tach, A/C, power steering, extra plastic interior trim.

Don't forget the interior is also brown. Do you get to drive it home at least one week? I also hope your getting to travel around the world to find all these rare in the US cruisers?

20170623_115422.jpg
Yup, brown. It's on the back row so it is difficult to pull out.:crybaby:

Great find, and great job, mate. Welcome to the addiction. I wish I had that kind of professional help when installing my spring bushes. BTW, you sure its an '84, with a 4 speeder and drum front end? I thought these came with a 5 speeder, discs and power steering.

Cheers

Cheers mate.
Yep im pretty sure shes an 84 (thats what the registration ticket says) It would be really nice if it had that stuff but the disc brake and power steering guy must have been away sick the day they made my FJ in the factory :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

The chassis Number is FJ40 366667. Can anybody confirm the year by the chassis number?[/QUOTE]

December 1983.

View attachment 1483738 Yup, brown. It's on the back row so it is difficult to pull out.:crybaby:
Sorry for the sidetrack ... but to see all those pristine 40's lined up is, for me, absolutely amazing. Cruiserdan you really do have the ultimate dream job. Ilukej keep us posted on the build. More pics is always good.

cheers

Front diff finally finished and painted!:bounce:
Time to re arrange the garage and finish stripping the tub.
Photos to come!

IMG_2070.JPG

What paint did you use on the diffs and drums?

Hey Martyn
I used a CRC product called "Etch It" as a primer and was given some 2 pac paint that was left over from when the chassis was painted which i mixed up and just brushed on. Im pretty sure it was a Valspar product but sorry not sure exactly what the paint was but ts pretty good stuff, Goes on nice and thick!

I Just used a gloss black VHT paint out of a can for the drums.

Some great work being done and you are making excellent progress!
The chassis storage rack is a very efficient idea. . . take the legs off and you can have a rolling storage rack.

Looking forward to the next installment; moving forward on the tub or engine/trans/tranfer (or both at the same time!)?

Thanks for the kind words.
I would have liked to have sorted the engine and gearbox and get the chassis fully finished before moving on with the tub. Mechanical and electrical for me (being an auto electrician) are easy but when it comes to the body work i have very little experience. I have some awesome people who are pretty keen to help me out with the tub so I really need to start moving on with that

Thanks for the kind words.
I would have liked to have sorted the engine and gearbox and get the chassis fully finished before moving on with the tub. Mechanical and electrical for me (being an auto electrician) are easy but when it comes to the body work i have very little experience. I have some awesome people who are pretty keen to help me out with the tub so I really need to start moving on with that

Thank you for starting this thread. It's always nice to see a 40 getting rehab. Looking forward to your progress.

:beer:

So the holiday is all finished, Back to work!
I finished stripping the tub and loaded her up and took her to work. I'm going to spend this week stripping the under body sealer then send it away for a blast and etch prime before I get into the rust work.

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom