Rear climate control fan noisy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rigger

Ramble Tamble
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Anyone else have this issue?

Our rear fan has a sort of loud droning or humming noise. Worse at high fan speeds. I'm thinking there may be a particle screen in there that's clogged up. The air intake seems to be on the driver side, rear panel, kinda behind the jump seat. Any one ever removed this panel and could offer advice?

IMG_0431.JPG

My 200 had poor fan velocity on the rear vents. I could see the fan return screen had some dust build up. I never ended up removing the panel to clean fan and discover what was going on before I traded in on a Tundra. Sorry I am of no help to you. As I recall the fan was excessively noisy.

@Climbingnut - thanks for sharing..... mine is loud as well, will dig into it and report back - in there running wire this weekend for the inverter & misc other things....

If anyone can offer insight into removing that side panel, I'd be so appreciative.

@Climbingnut - thanks for sharing..... mine is loud as well, will dig into it and report back - in there running wire this weekend for the inverter & misc other things....

Glad to help! Hopefully you'll find the source and be able to quiet things down.

Oh my gosh - that's a lot of clips for me to break!

Anyone tackle this beast yet? I have the loud drone/click when the fan/rear air is on. Dealer said take off the panel to check if anything is stuck in there. Looks like I better order some clips, I already have the panel clip removal kit from previous projects.

Removing the panel is actually really straightforward. All of the steps are listed above and once everything that needs to be removed has been removed the entire panel just gets carefully pulled toward the center of the cabin. Many of the clips will stay in the sheet metal, so you'll nee to recover and reinstall them in the plastic panel.

The trickiness is in the re-installation. You need to make sure all of those 18 clips are aligned with their corresponding holes before you start putting pressure to snap them all in or some will get knocked back off the plastic panel. Not difficult, but you just need to exercise some patience at this step.

Not including third row seat removal time, less than ten minutes to remove this huge side panel.

Here's what it looks like back there:

IMG_6456.JPG

IMG_6444.JPG

@619TOY interesting bar attached to the seat belt bolt.
is that a support for the cargo system you built, or another project going on back there?

Ah yes, very observant. That's going to be the rear support point for our "attic". Just another in a long list of projects it's hard to make time for haha

My rear a/c fan developed an annoying sound, as if a piece of paper was stuck in fan blades and scraped every time fan rotated.

I took it to the dealer today for the 2nd time and told them I want it fixed. Especially since I have an Extended Warranty.

Came back today and they said they have to order a brand new fan for rear A/C. I don’t buy that the fan is bad, I’m betting that they’d rather replace it than find out where the noise is coming from and repair it.

Hopefully this works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom