Dripping condensation under glovebox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My tube is clear because I can see it dripping from the hose and it will make a normal size puddle when I park. I think my seam must be leaking.
I have the same issue, I guess I need to try something else then.

I had the drip as well. I ended up replacing the gasket material.
Real easy install, just remove glove box, then the cover screws.
Toyota P/N 88578-47040. It was < $10 from the dealer.
No more drip!

20160402_143002.jpg

20160402_143135.jpg

I'm having the same issue. I haven't nailed down whether it's the gasket or the drain, but my guess is the drain because I shone a light inside the evap area to find a nice little puddle looking back at me. Now, I tried using a coat hanger with the end bent back on itself to try clearing the drain line located on the firewall but worried that I would tear the drain hose so I bailed on that idea pretty quickly. I also tried a weed whacker line but couldn't seem to get it into the tight drain hole. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to clear the drain? The drip has become more of a stream at this point and I can't stand the wet floor (even with weathertechs)

How did you determine it was a gasket issue and not a condensate line?
The floor was wet directly beneath the the front of the box, and there was some moisture by the seal. When I opened it up, I saw the seal wasn't in the best of shape, so that was my first step, since it was a cheap part. Also, the water seemed to be coming out towards the bottom. Had my drain line been plugged, I would have expected the water to be coming out above the gasket since it only covers the bottom portion. Hope that helps.

Replaced mine today, we will see...

Oh s***, thank you.... Don't know why I couldn't find it...

How did you guys get the front off the evaporator without removing the dash???

How did you guys get the front off the evaporator without removing the dash???
There are a handful of screws (8?) on the evaporator front cover. Remove the glove box (two screws at the bottom) and you should have access to the evaporator front cover. Maybe you missed one or two screws?

Nope... Found all 8 screws, but the front cover hits the cross bar, I'm nervous to force it out... Tried pulling the dash towards me a little, still can't get the door out... It's loose,,, but it hits in the lower left side

Nope... Found all 8 screws, but the front cover hits the cross bar, I'm nervous to force it out... Tried pulling the dash towards me a little, still can't get the door out... It's loose,,, but it hits in the lower left side
It's tight, but with a little finagling it can be done.

Guess I'll try it again once I get the gasket.

Thanks guys!!!
Yeah, I remember it being pretty tight, requiring finagling and a little force to get it by the cross bar. It will squeeze out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom