OME bushings worn out after 10000km only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
once again I am not happy with OME suspension.
After not eaven 10000 km the suspension start to make ugly noises when turning the steering wheel.
Today I checked out the bushings and would say they are toast.
The shackles where always well greased so I wonder why the bushings are so usedworn out.
I will try now to run the original rubber bushings and hope they last longer.

what to you think about this

I use The black polyurethane bushings. The must just be a generic brand I buy from the local spring shop in town. They work for me.

problem solved,no more noise
Have changed my toasted OME bushings against rubber ones.Installed the rubber bushings with a lot of silicon grease. Also welded the sleeves from the leaf spring eye so it can not move.
Made 120mm shackles and installed 4° caster wedges.
The truck now rides great without noise and drives totaly straight wich I thought it is impossible with a liftet truck and 33 tyres.
IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

P1020974.JPG

I'm really disappointed in how much noise I've been getting using moly grease on mine.

I've lubed them 2 times in 3000 miles.

Damn That's horrible. What kind of miles are those 10k you're talking about Paul? Highway, off-road, gravel roads, washboard roads? Anything we should know? I'm worried about my bushings now.

I'm happy that at least when they do finally go, will have greased them enough to the point I won't have to burn them out.

{QUOTE="Godwin, post: 11073310, member: 4954"]When my OME bushings deteriorated I went with an Energy Suspensions replacement.[/QUOTE]

By chance do you have a part number for Energy bushings for OME? Did you do sway bar bushings also? energy sway bar part number?

I have changed OME bushings 2 times, and have Energy bushings in my van and motorhome that have lasted forever. Maybe OME bushings are made with softer material that has more give, at the cost or rapid wear?

Thanks

Damn That's horrible. What kind of miles are those 10k you're talking about Paul? Highway, off-road, gravel roads, washboard roads? Anything we should know? I'm worried about my bushings now.
manly gravel roads but nothing realy heavy!
I had them always nice greased wich means there are no reason to be toast at 10k
I will see with the rubber bushings if they last longer but any way they cost me only 25 euros for 12 bushings

I'm really disappointed in how much noise I've been getting using moly grease on mine.

I've lubed them 2 times in 3000 miles.
same for me greased with moly grease and the noise driving me grazy.
I will never ever buy OME bushings .far to expencive for what it is!

{QUOTE="Godwin, post: 11073310, member: 4954"]When my OME bushings deteriorated I went with an Energy Suspensions replacement.

By chance do you have a part number for Energy bushings for OME? Did you do sway bar bushings also? energy sway bar part number?

I have changed OME bushings 2 times, and have Energy bushings in my van and motorhome that have lasted forever. Maybe OME bushings are made with softer material that has more give, at the cost or rapid wear?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Energy Suspension 82106G Leaf Springs - Bushing - Front - Leaf Spring Set - Toyota 1981-89 FJ40 - FJ60 Landcruiser - Black < $40 on Amazon.

Have had them in a year.

Just how tight are new spring bushings supposed to be?

IIRC the rubber OEM bushings were designed to run dry. It was more about clearances and friction on the OEM bushings. A petroleum based grease is optimal for rubber bushings.

Poly bushings need to be maintained more, IMO than rubber. Poly bushes require a lithium based grease vs a petroleum grease. Petroleum greases will break down the poly and it promotes premature failure.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom