STIHL 1120 Series Complete Engine Rebuild (009, 010, 011, 012 Chain Saws) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trigger assy and how it goes together.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424051789.715138.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424051808.683235.jpg

Ive got a white 009 serial no 9 1120 024 0810 what info can you give me on it , when was it made and so forth please
peter

Need some help please
Ive got a Orange 009 with 2 bolt cylinder and i ring piston , can i use the 2 ring piston in this cylinder off a white 009 , both pistons are 36 mm
Peter

No expert here, but I think the only difference is the 009 has 1 ring and the 009L has 2rings. D'Animal will correct us both!

This is the WHITE 009 gasket sitting on the RED 009, so after a gasket to fit please, but because it has a 009 cover and 36 mm piston , i dont know which saw it is now
so hope some one can identify it so we can get the gasket
even the crank counter balance is bigger that the white 009
here is the serial number

IMG_0117[1].JPG

IMG_0116[1].JPG

IMG_0115[1].JPG

IMG_0118[1].JPG

Last edited:
bought a new gasket kit for my red 009 and both gaskets in the kit dont fit
after the gasket that will fit
19250954_2305398573018764_736215566_n.png

IMG_0132[1].JPG

IMG_0133[1].JPG

Dear Dan,
I have a love affair with a 'hand me down' 012av but it's a struggle!
Seems every time I run the thing I have to pull the oil pump and un-stick the spring ball inside. Once done, it oils okay for the day but then sticks by the next morning (it never oiled very well to begin with).
Should I try my luck with a used pump, maybe you've got one kicking round?

The other issue with it is it leaks gas, I'm pretty sure it's the paper gasket between case halves. I suspect it leaks into the bar oil tank as well. Sound plausable?

Maybe these two issues are related, loosing case pressure sending week signals to the pump?

I've got another saw now, younger and faster, you know how theses things go...

Maybe time to follow your lead here and teardown the old 012? She runs strong still, frustrating!

IMG_20180327_113331.jpg
IMG_20180327_113355.jpg

View attachment 1487516 Before serial number X 12 725 131 use crankcase gasket #1120 020 0500

After serial number X 12 725 131 use crankcase gasket #1120 020 0501.

From serial number X 14 194 817 (on 011) use 1120 029 0502.
did you know Stihl made 3 gaskets for the 009 ,

Fantastic feature article. Thanks

I love my 009, but I'm having trouble with it at the moment. I've been working on it for a while now. It won't start. It's not
pulling fuel into the carb. I've replaced the fuel line, soaked he carb in carb clearner & rebuilt it. I'm still not getting it. The
engine will start if I squirt fuel into the carb. Only things left are the vent (impulse) line and the plastic diaphragm under the carb.

Let me ask about the plastic diaphragm under the carb. That part is my last option. I'm hoping it might be the problem. So, Is that diaphragm
responsible for pulling fuel up into the carb ?

I got it working. I tore the carb apart again and checked the gaskets and metering diaphragm. All looked good. I soaked the stripped
carb in carb cleaner overnight again. Next day, I shot carb cleaner through every orifice. Something must have cleared. The 009 now
starts on first pull after choke. I had already bought a Stihl Ms 193 T to replace this 009, but now the Ms 193 T just sits in its case, unused. I now also have two spare Walbro 29's with a Zama C1S-S1C on order. Overkill.

Pacer

Two things can be happening.
The ball can be “stuck”. This can be caused by the oil simply sticking thing together.

When you remove the ball and spring, is the ball pitted? If it is, it is leaking and it will not activate the plunger rid of the diaphragm.

Pacer

Two things can be happening.
The ball can be “stuck”. This can be caused by the oil simply sticking thing together.

When you remove the ball and spring, is the ball pitted? If it is, it is leaking and it will not activate the plunger rid of the diaphragm.
Thanks for checking in Dan.
I have a good used oil pump to try, if that doesn't work, I'll reseal the cases.

Hi there sorry to revive an old thread but I have an old 009l that seems to cut out after 10 mins or so running acting like it's flooded. Stihl dealer isn't interested in touching it and thinks the reed valves gone and said it needs a rebuild but is cheaper buying another saw.
It does spray vapour out the top of the carb at WOT with the the filter off like the dealer said it would.
I also noticed the breather hose was perished which I replaced but the little grub screw was missing so I just used a non specific screw that still allows air to pass.
Can I just order another reed valve or am I going to need to rebuild the whole thing like the dealer thinks.
It idles and runs perfectly apart from what's described and has maybe had 10 hours put on it in the last 15 years when my mum had it.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom