LX470 drawers system / sleep platform (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nah, too much work :D
But I will make a topic in the future, as it could be useful to others.
I uses aluminium tubing with connectable pieces, and then used aluminum composite plate. This is lightweight and strong.
If you have a LX470, the weight is not so important. And your build looks strong too!
But I have a van with a slower diesel, so I have to take care of the weight if I still want it to go up the mountain :p

Nah, too much work :D
But I will make a topic in the future, as it could be useful to others.
I uses aluminium tubing with connectable pieces, and then used aluminum composite plate. This is lightweight and strong.
If you have a LX470, the weight is not so important. And your build looks strong too!
But I have a van with a slower diesel, so I have to take care of the weight if I still want it to go up the mountain :p

When I was planning my build, I was concerned and thinking of weight saving methods.
Now, the whole box is actually lighter than one of the 2 3rd row seats I took out.
The 4.7 doesnt notice the difference haha!
ur build seems sophisticated, looking forward to seeing ur post! :)

Nice job! I especially like the slide built into the top of the drawer.

Very nice DIY, but i feel like the platform itself is a little taller than the rear seats, so it's slumping downwards when you put the mattress on top. I'm looking to do something similar, i have a lot of spare wood laying around to tackle this job.

Nice job! I especially like the slide built into the top of the drawer.

Thank you!
The sliding table is nice to place the stove over it when prepping meals, however, it takes valuable real state.
Looking back, I would have made it lower a bit to fit the stove when closed so it stays there permanently so I dont have to move it and no space is wasted.
Live and learn :)

Very nice DIY, but i feel like the platform itself is a little taller than the rear seats, so it's slumping downwards when you put the mattress on top. I'm looking to do something similar, i have a lot of spare wood laying around to tackle this job.

Thank you!
I intentionally made it higher because I would rather have more storage capacity than ending up with less.
My thought was if I get air mattress it will even itself, but then the foam mattress was more convenient and no risk of puncture.
Leveling it would be as easy as putting a piece of foam or the folding table on the seats, or a wood extension so it is not a big deal, but some suggested that I take the 2nd row seats off and complete the platform,,, not sure yet,,,

If I see a post on the net for free wood, I would rebuild the platform again with better ideas :)

That is awesome..... I may have to copy it

Thank you :)
Plz go ahead, but make sure you measure the table height according to ur stove height so it stays there and not have to move it to close the table ,,,
I would use 3/4" for all 3 sheets, instead of just for top and bottom, but the 1/2" are holding good
Rough cut measurements for 3 sheets and final box measurements are in the video,,,

Good luck!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom