Dual Battery Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bradyadventures.com
I am usually over on the 100 series forum but helped a friend install an off-grid engineering dual battery kit. It took a little longer to install than expected since we made a couple enhancements to the install to avoid potential issues in the long run. It is a pricey kit but my buddy didn't want to have to cut or relocate anything and we are both also sold on using the Blue Sea ML-ACR and odyssey batteries in our rigs. This kit didn't require any major mods just a little wire rerouting and came with the ml-acr so it was the only choice for him. I have a habit of filming everything I do these days so if you are considering a dual battery install in your 5th gen and especially if it is the off-grid engineering kit hopefully our vids will help you out.

5th Gen 4Runner Dual Battery Install - YouTube

Thanks for the post.

This time around I waved the dual batteries and went with a group 31, a li-ion jump pack, and a 100 watt solar panel ...so far so good.

Thanks for the post.

This time around I waved the dual batteries and went with a group 31, a li-ion jump pack, and a 100 watt solar panel ...so far so good.
That sounds like a pretty sweet setup that will work for most situations. Are you running a fridge with that too?

and if you havent...please post this over on T4R.org/5th gens please

Thanks, I'll post it over there today.

Sounds like your system is working pretty good for you since you have been running two years. Not a bad setup, saves a lot of cash and weight and with the jump pack you always have a get out of jail free card.

@titanpat57 never been to TR4.org and need 15 posts before I can start a thread. Not sure I will be on there much since I don't have a 4runner yet :) Do you want to start a thread and I could reply or do you have another suggestion? Thanks

Sure do...Ill take care of it for you...after going to all the trouble of documenting that....its the least I could do.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom