Ome lift / kdss (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen multiple posts where lifts on 200s with kdss result in an incurable lean.

Can a 1" front, and 0" rear lift be installed correctly to achieve a level vehicle?

I plan to have this work done at the dealer or 4wheel-parts in Houston.

Any advise, tips or tricks? Thanks in advance.

I think I answered my own question. After a long talk with arb, they concluded that the 200 has a passive kdss system, which means you don't have to ratchet strap the stabilizer bars in place and they provided directions to open two valves to equalize pressure and cure a lean.

Their first solution was to strap the bars to the frame to hold them in place. Has anyone done this? It looks difficult given the small amount of room to work in and proximity of the frame to the stabilizer bars.

Questions and Impressions After Install:

I ended up having the dealer do the install. To get the truck to sit level again they had the drain and replace the KDSS fluid…not cheep, but everything is perfectly level.

So far my impression of the OEM setup is positive. Less body roll and brake dive and way better bottoming control. My main goal was to improve bottoming because while offroad the car made contact with the bump stops way too often.
Only perceived negative is that the nitro charger sports seem a little bumpy. Not stiff and harsh, but bumpy, if that makes sense. Different from before, I know feel changes in road elevations that I never noticed. However, as things are breaking in, bumpiness has decreased. I installed a pair of Bilstiens on a Supra in the past, and noticed the same thing. I do believe that new suspension components have a breaking period.

Question: I know have a slight metal to metal rattling noise from both sides in the front, and possibly the rear. Any thoughts?

Can a 1" front, and 0" rear lift be installed correctly to achieve a level vehicle?

Not sure if this will help, but usually with the KDSS system I disable the setup and convert the rear section back to the NON-KDSS system that way I can install our armored rear swaybar.

But it is a pain in the ass to level the TLC sometimes. but it can be done manually with the system being reset physically.

Our setup on the VXR models is normally - KDSS system disabled / Bilstein armored coils and shocks / Ironman sway bar / Ironman Armored Body Roll suppression system

xkennx - It looks like i got the hard part right, the truck is level;)

Now I have an annoying rattle coming from the back (I think). Sounds like an old rusted out Chevy going down the road.

Anyone - any tips for proper installation of the rear strings? ARB is pointing to poor spring installation but i don't know right from wrong.

Now I have an annoying rattle coming from the back (I think). Sounds like an old rusted out Chevy going down the road.

Anyone - any tips for proper installation of the rear strings? ARB is pointing to poor spring installation but i don't know right from wrong.

Not to sound like a smart ass - but did you check the spare tire? Usually when working on the rear suspension our guys will lower the spare. If its not put back up all the way it will give a very strange rattle (and the chain also)

Did you install a different kind of bum stop? Our body roll kit from Iron man squeaks a lot but its part of the design with rubber having contact to the axle. Usually customers complain about the noise but I have to remind them its an armored 3.8ton TLC.

I figured out my problem. The rear shocks are loose as can be. The top bushings can be spun freely by hand.

However, the top nut is as tight as I can get it with the limited room available.

Any tips?

Problem fixed and those installing rear ome nitro charger sports should take note.

I found that the thread depth on the top shock stem was not long enough to give adequate compression to the bushings. Solution = add extra steel washers to consume extra space and provide compression.

Has anyone else installed rear sports and run into this problem?

From lots of experience...change both springs and shocks, preferably something that works in conjunction. Also, have it all retorqued sighing a couple hundred miles.

Springs and shocks are both ome.

Has anyone else installed the sports while following the factory setup without a problem?

Maybe the threads on the top of my shocks were not cut long enough?

I think I'm running into the same issue with my OME shock/spring setup. Both times going to the toyota dealer and another shop they noted that the top nut was loose. It can't be coincidence as they tightened and yet I'm still getting the metal on metal noise. Thx

Here's another thread mentioning this metal on metal click noise.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/200-series-cruisers/604358-ome-suspension.html

Last edited:

I ended up having the dealer do the install. To get the truck to sit level again they had the drain and replace the KDSS fluid…not cheep, but everything is perfectly level.

So far my impression of the OEM setup is positive. Less body roll and brake dive and way better bottoming control. My main goal was to improve bottoming because while offroad the car made contact with the bump stops way too often.
Only perceived negative is that the nitro charger sports seem a little bumpy. Not stiff and harsh, but bumpy, if that makes sense. Different from before, I know feel changes in road elevations that I never noticed. However, as things are breaking in, bumpiness has decreased. I installed a pair of Bilstiens on a Supra in the past, and noticed the same thing. I do believe that new suspension components have a breaking period.

Question: I know have a slight metal to metal rattling noise from both sides in the front, and possibly the rear. Any thoughts?
nospell, any tips on getting my 2017 Toyota Landcruiser Level? Im in Houston Thanks!

@sptxlc: I haven't yet done this myself but I believe some are using shock spacers to do this; see this thread:
Front end spacers???

I believe @arich knows a lot of about these and has used them too; also see this thread:
My Mild 200 Series Lift

This should be the part (probably sold as singles?): Spacer - Toyota (43136-60020)

Site search should get you more results too.

PS, holy thread resurrection! (This thread was started in 2011) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom