What did you do on your 70 series today? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg

@PNWScooby .... What's this weird pedal on the left? :)

Hello,

Changed the steering damper on the FZJ73. The old stabilizer started to leak.

I installed an OME SD24. According to the manual, this model fits 70 Series Land Cruisers.

FZJ73 6.7.17 1.JPG

Later I took the chance to take the hubs apart and tighten their lock nuts.

The steering feels much better now.

Juan

Oil filter refused to come off. Eventually I made a crow foot filter wrench with metal claws.
I was then able to install a big filter by Baldwin.
Sorry for not using Toyota part.
upload_2017-6-15_10-50-29.png

upload_2017-6-15_10-51-51.png

upload_2017-6-15_10-52-11.png

@jblueridge .....
"Sorry for not using a Toyota part"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find it highly doubtful that Toyota or any other automobile manufacturer for that matter produces every component for their vehicles. I'm sure they outsource a large number of components including perhaps their oil filters. :)

@jblueridge .....
"Sorry for not using a Toyota part"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find it highly doubtful that Toyota or any other automobile manufacturer for that matter produces every component for their vehicles. I'm sure they outsource a large number of components including perhaps their oil filters. :)

In Japan they utilize the Keiretsu system.

Toyota owns a good portion of the company they outsource.

In this case Denso for the 15600-41010 filters.

Denso is a part of the Toyota Group and was spun off from Toyota in 1949.

It was then known as Nippon Denso then just Denso.

In Japan they utilize the Keiretsu system.

Toyota owns a good portion of the company they outsource.

In this case Denso for the 15600-41010 filters.

Denso is a part of the Toyota Group and was spun off from Toyota in 1949.

It was then known as Nippon Denso then just Denso.
And this whole time I just assumed "Keiretsu" was a Japanese beer. It's probably good that I'm not in the parts procurement business. :)

In North America, they try to implement Keiretsu. Doesn't work well, at least from my personal experience.

Getting the registration done finally and had to go to DEQ. Required in the Portland area county unless the vehicle is older than 1974 or something like that. So Incase anyone was wondering, the 1HZ passes the test with flying colors. I have my stock exhaust though with cat and muffler.

IMG_4509.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work! C'mon over I'll buy ha ha. Resto on my kids bj 70 some before n after and during repairs for up n coming safety inspection. Son back in a week and he still can't drive it. One of 4 wheels still in Japan and someone hacked the stereo install. Cleaned and rust-proofed( ha ha) fuel filler assembly and painted well cavity put back together 0 bondo n

Getting the registration done finally and had to go to DEQ

Might have just missed you at DEQ. The tech handed me his card and casually told me he would buy it if I ever considered it.
Now that she is plated I can get to work on 'fixing' (partially deleting) the restrictive full length exhaust. So many holes in it now I might as well!

Might have just missed you at DEQ. The tech handed me his card and casually told me he would buy it if I ever considered it.
Now that she is plated I can get to work on 'fixing' (partially deleting) the restrictive full length exhaust. So many holes in it now I might as well!
Funny, I was there last friday at the one in clackamas around 4:30pm. I haven't gotten people asking to buy mine yet....either they know they cant afford it or are scared of right hand drive hahaha. Either way= their loss! :smokin:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom