Window Bug Screens For Your Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

THANKS! (Payment confirmed!)

It's Sat. morning here.
I'll get the screens out first thing on Monday!

I think you'll be very happy with them!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Mot

Mot,

WOW - that was quick, great service. Screens look great, well built. Can't wait to get out camping again and actually USE them!

Thanks!!

THANKS!!! :crybaby:

I'm getting low in numbers, so order while you can!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Mot :)

My 3rd row screens arrived, so you were ultra-conservative in your one-month estimate mot-- it was what, like a few days? they arrived Tuesday the 21st.
here's my comments: a) they fit great, look good and I see no reason to think they won't work exactly as advertised. Thank you mot for making these available to non-Japanese TLC enthusiasts.
b) the plastic, screen and hinge material are of adequate quality to last awhile as long as they are handled with reasonable care.
c) i can't figure out why there's a hinge in the middle, except maybe to make them easier to store and ship (smaller). it seems like it would be cheaper/easier to make without the hinge, and would also be more rugged, and look more -OEM'-like.
d) the Japanese say "magic tape" when talking about velcro, if I read the instructions right :) And these screens are "bug nets".
e) when just the 3rd row windows are open driving on the highway, and all other windows are shut, I saw the nets (screens) fluttering in and out rapidly, which got me worried it would fatigue the epoxy and/or the net (alhough I see no signs of distress). When one or more other windows are open, the fluttering stops and only the 'whish' of air past the screen can be seen/heard. So in this condition, with multiple open windows, I would feel comfortable taking them on the freeway.
Thanks again, I'm very happy and looking forward to trying it out.
Later,
Kenton

Kenton,

Thanks for the kind words! :crybaby:

I have discussed making them just like the OEM screens with the manufacturer. Well, at least for the 3rd-row screens. They told me that the way the OEM screens are made would make them more complicated to reproduce, etc...

That said, I think to make it all in one piece with the same material that they're made now that would have been yielded similar results. But they would take more space to store (Not that big of a deal), would have made them a bit more prone to receiving damage (When folded their frame gets almost doubles in thickness/strength, making them less prone to getting damaged), and also increased chance of the screens/frame getting warped if stored on a non-flat surface on a hot day (with windonws rolled up).

And thanks for the highway driving observation.
I'm sure the way you put them through the paces on the highway/freeway is more suited for the real-world testing than what I could do with mine at relatively low (to you guys) speeds.

THANKS AGAIN and hope you'll get many years of good service!

Mot :cheers:

It's been almost two years since my last post on this thread, but I've received a few inquiries about these lately so I thought I would post.

In case some of you didn't know, I am no longer in Japan, but still have three sets of the 3rd-row screens left.

I would still do it for $95 plus $13 shipping for the mainland US.

THANKS!!

Mot

It's been almost two years since my last post on this thread, but I've received a few inquiries about these lately so I thought I would post.

In case some of you didn't know, I am no longer in Japan, but still have three sets of the 3rd-row screens left.

I would still do it for $95 plus $13 shipping for the mainland US.

THANKS!!

Mot
Hello Mot, do you still have access to the third row screens? I am interested if you do.

Has been awhile. Hmm... I still have the 3rd row and 2nd row bug screens along with the radiator bug screen and I haven't used any of them yet. Not enough bugs where I go evidently :meh:

How time flies, lol!!

I don't even want to make any promises about these things!

Don't count on me getting any more of them anytime soon, but if/when I do, I'll know where to post up. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I've ruined anybody's expedition plans or caused you to have excessive bug bites because of my lack of commitment.

Note: These pics are of the 80 series' 3rd-row windows' bug screens, but I also am offering the 2nd-row windows' for the 80, 70, 100, as well as other Toyota SUVs' 2nd-row bug screens, such as the 4Runner (130/180/210) and the Prado (70/90/95/120/5dr).

OK, this is something that I had been meaning/wanting to do for a long time!
But I am now finally in the process of getting the window screens for the 3rd-row windows for the 80 series Land Cruiser. :bounce:

Here are some pics of the prototype that I have received today.

The final version will look identical to these pics, except I'm making a couple of small adjustments to make them look/function perfect. ;)

The installation is very straight forward and simple!

-Wedge the large piece in to the window channel.
-Slide the screen all the way to the left of the channel/window frame.
-Stick the narrow/vertical piece into the right side gap where the two sliding glass pieces meet.
-Then simply put the two pieces (screen piece and the narrow/vertical piece) together by velcro.

It fits like a glove! :D

View attachment 331701View attachment 331702View attachment 331703
Hey mate. I love these. I was wondering if you have any more port window screens for the 80 series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom