LED Light and Wiring Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wondering if all of you guys are still loving the stark led for headlights? Just ordered some. They have some "2.0" ones now. I had the trucklites in my 4Runner so going to stock 80 series headlights kind of sucked

Which ones did you get?

Didn't like the led bulb in any of my 80's. I'd recommend a hid bulb in the 4300k-5000k with either a 55w(white truck) or 35w(two tone that just sold) ballast. I use the kits from DDM Tuning. Same bulbs and ballasts have been in the white truck since 2008.

Which ones did you get?

I got the stark 2.0 ones. The regular ones weren't available anymore

Didn't like the led bulb in any of my 80's. I'd recommend a hid bulb in the 4300k-5000k with either a 55w(white truck) or 35w(two tone that just sold) ballast. I use the kits from DDM Tuning. Same bulbs and ballasts have been in the white truck since 2008.

I'm going to try the low beam out. Should have asked before I ordered. Hopefully they work fine in the 80. The oem lights were horrible

HoneyBear name change for the win.

I did HID low and LED high. I tried LED low and I did not like the pattern in the projector at all.

H11 Xenon Conversion | XenonDepot Volt H11 HID Kit

Roll with those high beams. Same as my Stark I think.

Really the best lights I’ve ever had in a car. Even the Audi

HoneyBear name change for the win.

time for a avatar.

upload_2018-1-10_9-55-25.png

@wngrog Woody said he wouldn't ask for the back story on the reason for the name change, I just told him to blame you.

Everybody blames me for everything so it’s not a big deal

And I am stoked to have this toy.

I’m glad I saw Rob using this at 49 the other day. Totally awesome. I’m not sure how I ever lived without it

9F51755E-DA71-4F58-8E46-E00F095821DF.jpeg

For those of you running the STARK brand LED's in 100's and LX's, would you still recommend? I've been browsing the Amazon links and it seems the quality may have slid? Lots of unhappy customers. Maybe something to do with them being the "2.0' version. If y'all haven't had any issues, I'm going to pull the trigger.

For those of you running the STARK brand LED's in 100's and LX's, would you still recommend? I've been browsing the Amazon links and it seems the quality may have slid? Lots of unhappy customers. Maybe something to do with them being the "2.0' version. If y'all haven't had any issues, I'm going to pull the trigger.
Like Rob said above, I'm running HIDs in the low beams and LEDs in the high beams. LEDs put out a BUNCH of light, but it's directed everywhere rather than just straight ahead. Unlike incandescents or HIDs, there's as much going straight up, to the side, down, etc. as there is straight ahead. Maybe it's because LEDs I've seen don't have forward-facing emitters, but the aftermarket bulbs definitely don't have nearly the "throw" of the other bulbs........but it's sort of weird, because they actually do produce a LOT of reflected light.

I like the fact that LEDs have substantially less current draw and produce much less heat, and they do actually do a decent job. That being said, I definitely prefer the light output/pattern of HIDs, it's just that they're not well-suited for momentary ignition that's often required from high beam applications.

Those are just my observations from having HIDs/LEDs in my 100. On the other hand, I just put LEDs in the low beam projectors of my GX, and they're coming out!

Like Rob said above, I'm running HIDs in the low beams and LEDs in the high beams. LEDs put out a BUNCH of light, but it's directed everywhere rather than just straight ahead. Unlike incandescents or HIDs, there's as much going straight up, to the side, down, etc. as there is straight ahead. Maybe it's because LEDs I've seen don't have forward-facing emitters, but the aftermarket bulbs definitely don't have nearly the "throw" of the other bulbs........but it's sort of weird, because they actually do produce a LOT of reflected light.

I like the fact that LEDs have substantially less current draw and produce much less heat, and they do actually do a decent job. That being said, I definitely prefer the light output/pattern of HIDs, it's just that they're not well-suited for momentary ignition that's often required from high beam applications.

Those are just my observations from having HIDs/LEDs in my 100. On the other hand, I just put LEDs in the low beam projectors of my GX, and they're coming out!

Thank you for your response, David. I've looked at HID kits and that would be my #1 choice, but it seems everyone on the big board bashes the kits on Amazon. They preach the lens-swapping with SC430 or Acura lenses and then sealing the housings by baking them in the oven process (talking LX470 housings here). I don't want to go that route. I guess I was under the impression that some were running these LED's in both high and low beam. @Bomar, are you running LED's in your LX(s) in both the highs AND lows? I wish I could run the John Deere bulbs in my LX like I do my 80.

Thank you for your response, David. I've looked at HID kits and that would be my #1 choice, but it seems everyone on the big board bashes the kits on Amazon. They preach the lens-swapping with SC430 or Acura lenses and then sealing the housings by baking them in the oven process (talking LX470 housings here). I don't want to go that route. I guess I was under the impression that some were running these LED's in both high and low beam. @Bomar, are you running LED's in your LX(s) in both the highs AND lows? I wish I could run the John Deere bulbs in my LX like I do my 80.
Are you planning to use HIDs or LEDs in an LC or an LX? I don't like LEDs in my GXs low beam projectors. At all. Since an HID bulb is similar to a regular incandescent, I think they're more likely to work better in projectors, it's just that the flash-to-pass function is cumbersome with HIDs. Rob recommended DDM tuning to me a long time ago, and I've been running them in my 100's low beamsfor a long time with great results. The LEDs in the highs work pretty well also, but you don't really "see" the light getting thrown out there, which takes getting used to. That being said, if there's a reflective sign way out, they still light it up plenty good!

I live in the country and don't think I would ever not run these. I have had true HIDs in many vehicles and I cant tell the difference. Hell my chevy work truck has fancy lights. I still would run these.

In my 99 and 04 LX. I have taken light bar off 99 due to I don't need it.

They are cheap. I would make sure and get the multi sided ones.

It is like tires there is a lot of personal choices in bulbs. I just need to see deer and other varmints and as far as I can. These do both....very well

@Bomar which bulbs are you referring to? The DDM Tuning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom