Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clickbait.

^never used that word before but seems like it works.

I usually link my new items appropriately... HA! I've spent the last 2 months going back and forth with Frans in Capetown and the design has morphed quite a bit from the original thoughts.

If I decide to release them, I will share Poppy's prior, but not until.

J

I thought about just a standard rear bumper for Poppy like I just built for @Jaric00n, but decided I wanted a little more.

Here is T's rear.

J

IMG_20170526_132403053.jpg
IMG_20170526_132410191.jpg
IMG_20170526_132416840_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Since the wrong tires were sent, I had them refund my order. Just had a bad feeling after that mix up.

So now I'm looking at the SCS Stealth 6 rims. 16 x 8 w/ 3.5" BS. They will have to machine off 2mm of the center bore. I know @Major Nelson has the SCS F5 on his rig. How do you like them K?

But I'm thinking the Stealth 6 may be my next buy for Poppy in gunmetal matte. Andrea says NO! but she hates aftermarket wheels... So even if they looked great she'd make the :vomit: FACE!

Nice looking wheel (IMO) and opens up a better tire offering too.

J, love the F5's...haven't regretted them for one min (plus happy to go to 16's). I personally felt only the 5's looked right on the FJ60....but as they say opinions are like @$$holes....we all have them and they all stink.

Made a set of front links for Poppy. RED of course!!!!!

AND a few other mods to come.

Gas door pop, grab bar for Andrea and rear belts for ???????

J

View attachment 1472778 View attachment 1472779
Fuel door release and rear 3-point belts are a nice upgrade. Do you plan on adding rear head rests? I had my local upholstery shop switch the fabric from my '86 FJ60 to my '89 FJ62 rear seat back, turned out great. For the fuel door, there's a spring clip that pops the fuel door out when the latch is released, less than $3: 77366-12010

Fuel door release and rear 3-point belts are a nice upgrade. Do you plan on adding rear head rests? I had my local upholstery shop switch the fabric from my '86 FJ60 to my '89 FJ62 rear seat back, turned out great. For the fuel door, there's a spring clip that pops the fuel door out when the latch is released, less than $3: 77366-12010

I have a couple of 62 seat backs w/headrests. I will more than likely add the headrests. But 95% of the time its just me and Andrea. So, not sure why I'm really doing this mod..... Just in case someone needs a ride I guess........

I have a couple of 62 seat backs w/headrests. I will more than likely add the headrests. But 95% of the time its just me and Andrea. So, not sure why I'm really doing this mod..... Just in case someone needs a ride I guess........
Just hope it's not the guy from the old Twilight Zone Episode "The Hitch-Hiker".

is there really an OEM gas tank pop? I would definitely love to see how its routed and set up!
Think they only came on the 62 but were something that could be swapped over to the 60.. is that right J (@reevesci)

The cable runs across the floor, attached under folding tabs, behind the stiffener at the front of the front seat frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom