Cottonland Hunting/Shooting Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shot that damn thing last night and the 38 Specials were very nice. Loaded it up with the 357 Mags and I am now hearing impaired. Since I was just going to shoot a couple I didn't bring my headphones.

Shot that damn thing last night and the 38 Specials were very nice. Loaded it up with the 357 Mags and I am now hearing impaired. Since I was just going to shoot a couple I didn't bring my headphones.

....To this day they say his ears are still ringing

@Jtranum

Or anyone else that can recommend another 45/9mm can.

Set me up on a .45 can. I have an osprey 45k. Likely wanting a round one now. That way, it will screw on and I don't have to worry about it's shape.

Not 100% sold on osprey shape, as it's a bit tedious to set up and get lined up straight. I will likely use it on a 9mm or keep for a 45 carbine sbr style.

Omega 45?

DeadAir? Rugged?

Thoughts.

I hate my osprey. If I could go back I would have waited for the omega 9k. 100% go with the silencerco hybrid. You can use it on anything and it's pretty modular. And ROUND. It infuriates me that I can't use my surefire x300 ultra and my osprey at the same time. If the hearing protection act goes through. Day one I'm selling my osprey.

I hate my osprey. If I could go back I would have waited for the omega 9k. 100% go with the silencerco hybrid. You can use it on anything and it's pretty modular. And ROUND. It infuriates me that I can't use my surefire x300 ultra and my osprey at the same time. If the hearing protection act goes through. Day one I'm selling my osprey.

the Hybrid is HEAVY AF. Yes it will work on a bunch of calibers but that doesn't make it practical, especially for pistol calibers.

Ah you're right there. I'm hoping and praying I'll be able to sell my osprey soon. I'm ready for the 9k. Since I sold the majority of my guns, I just have 9mm now. Is getting a dedicated can for 9 and 45 out of the question for you?

@Jtranum

Set me up on a .45 can. I have an osprey 45k. Likely wanting a round one now. That way, it will screw on and I don't have to worry about it's shape.

Not 100% sold on osprey shape, as it's a bit tedious to set up and get lined up straight. I will likely use it on a 9mm or keep for a 45 carbine sbr style.

Omega 45?

DeadAir? Rugged?

Thoughts.

The Omega series are good; I have two 9mm Omega 9ks, One for my 9mm pistols and the other rides on my 300 BO SBR. I actually do not own any 45 cans yet since I hardly shoot 45 Auto but I have some experience with many 45 cal cans. I REALLY like the Rugged Suppressors, they make some very nice cans. Griffin Armament makes some good suppressors as well. I would stay away from AAC and Surefire, AAC just sucks now, and Surefire pistol cans are not quiet at all. SilencerShop has Rugger Obsidian 45 on sale right now for $650.

The Omega series are good; I have two 9mm Omega 9ks, One for my 9mm pistols and the other rides on my 300 BO SBR. I actually do not own any 45 cans yet since I hardly shoot 45 Auto but I have some experience with many 45 cal cans. I REALLY like the Rugged Suppressors, they make some very nice cans. Griffin Armament makes some good suppressors as well. I would stay away from AAC and Surefire, AAC just sucks now, and Surefire pistol cans are not quiet at all. SilencerShop has Rugger Obsidian 45 on sale right now for $650.

I agree about AAC, NOW, compared to years past. the SDN762 can I have is awesome, but old, and is their "most current technology"....

I like the weight of the osprey, but will likely use it only on the .45 carbine pistol I want to shoot....45....really bc it is quiet and subsonic.....like the 300blk I have, its nice.....sure, 9mmis a bit cheaper to shoot, but the low DBs of the 45 are very appealing.....

I may just get the rugged one.....was looking at it today.....it's modular and not too heavy.....it also gets good reviews...the main thing is I want to be able to just screw it on to a gun and tighten it down and not worry about the position like I have to do with the osprey.....

thanks for the input guys....

CCI 22s in Standard Vel & MiniMag showed back up online in a few sites recently - Academy Sports had them in stock today as well @ $8 per 100 - reasonable, not great but at least avaialable

Those who went with a trust to purchase a suppressor - did you use the online package from Silencerco or go with a local barrister to set it up?

Those who went with a trust to purchase a suppressor - did you use the online package from Silencerco or go with a local barrister to set it up?

my friends who have the FFL set mine up, my first 3 items were sent in VIA trust., but now, with the changes, i simply file as an individual.

if you are local, and i know a lot of you are.....go see hunter sartian @ guns-n-gear in gluckstadt he is the man.....
he will do a from 1 or 4 for you as an individual---will fill it out and print you there.....he is reasonable, and has a TON of suppressors and SBR things in stock to see and feel in person as opposed to looking online.

@Jtranum

I just got my griffin revolution in. Need to go shoot it, so all I can tell you is that it looks nice. It is almost identical to the Octane, but has some additional features including a K configuration.

20170526_180921.jpg

20170515_211330.jpg

Last edited:
my friends who have the FFL set mine up, my first 3 items were sent in VIA trust., but now, with the changes, i simply file as an individual.

if you are local, and i know a lot of you are.....go see hunter sartian @ guns-n-gear in gluckstadt he is the man.....
he will do a from 1 or 4 for you as an individual---will fill it out and print you there.....he is reasonable, and has a TON of suppressors and SBR things in stock to see and feel in person as opposed to looking online.

Thanks - I've met Hunter and looked at a Spectre II at the shop. Just trying to educate myself on the Trust aspect as that would seem to way to go to for both the long view with family

Thanks - I've met Hunter and looked at a Spectre II at the shop. Just trying to educate myself on the Trust aspect as that would seem to way to go to for both the long view with family

If you have kids, then invest in the time and money for a trust. The trust creates a living corporation which allows multiple trustees to be in possession of a NFA item. Also it allows you to will ownership of a NFA item to a trustee. If you do not set up a trust now and purchase a NFA item filed individually but later on decide to set up a trust, you will have to pay an addition $200 transfer tax per individually filed item to add them to the trust. Previously, the big reason for a trust was to avoid the CLEO sign off of an individually filed form since some sheriffs will not sign an NFA item form, but now the BATFE has done away with the CLEO sign off all together. I have a trust set up with with some family members and close friends added as trustees so we can share NFA Items and if something were to happen to me all my NFA items wouldn't be property of the ATF they could immediately go to willed family members.

I highly recommend anybody with NFA questions to contact Nathan and Charles Yow at Mississippi Auto Arms in Oxford. They are both lawyers with a concentration in firearms. Their law firm is next door to Mississippi Auto Arms. I did my trust through them and they set it up for free since I purchased a couple suppressors at the same time.

thanks for that extra info....i have a few items in my trust now, but didnt want to hassle with the printing and photog of the couple people listed, and also my son, who is only 5.5....that would be silly.....

I did mine myself. No sense paying a lawyer to do it for you, if it's done right.

There are plenty of free examples online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom