Builds TonyP's Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your COs are for bumper with winch and 45mm adjustable shocks and the rears springs are constant load 660-1100# with 45mm adjustable shocks.

Not sure about the 200 but I like to run my 100 with the 45mm adjustables at stage 6-8 on highway/DD and 2-4 off road, pending how I'm loaded.

J

Yeah I haven't played with the settings yet. been jobbing for three days straight getting everything installed. I'd still like to make it to Canyonlands this weekend. We'll see.

I'll do the rear light wiring tomorrow and whatever little bits aside from the rear camera which I need to think of how i want to approach. Possibly in the spoiler.

Definitely blinded myself taking these boring driveway pics. I'm still seeing LEDs when I blink.

20170526_203627.jpg

20170526_203654.jpg

PSX_20170526_204307.jpg

20170526_204656.jpg

She'll light up a trail for sure... WOW!

Looks really good IMO! ;)

J

Hell yeah.

Since you're the Comeup guy, I wired up the winch but whenever the power is applied it beeps every couple of seconds. Still winches in and out fine. Any ideas? I haven't paired the wireless, though that might be it. Or the mystery green wire with the white sheathing that I just grounded. Figured that was just for the winch switch which I was too lazy to wire in yet.

Hell yeah.

Since you're the Comeup guy, I wired up the winch but whenever the power is applied it beeps every couple of seconds. Still winches in and out fine. Any ideas? I haven't paired the wireless, though that might be it. Or the mystery green wire with the white sheathing that I just grounded.

Its reminding you to sync it up and pair it.

J

Said screw it, I'm sick of working on this thing packed up for somewhere south. Who knows where I'll end up.

Found some stickers and slapped them on. @reevesci Does this mean I get advertising royalties? :)

20170527_125617.jpg

If you come home the long way swing by for some beer and food.

J

Didn't take a ton of pics as I was solo. And the ones I did get make it look like I was driving on a smooth, country, dirt road the entire time, trust me that wasn't the case. The KDSS, traction and 4L lights got a hefty workout. I did get one decent one. I took a random dirt road off of the scenic highway. There were washouts everywhere, so much fun. One of the washouts looked pretty big, I slowly dropped into it then got out to see what kind of approach I had. Buried the bumper mounted shackle loop and buried the rear bumper on exit but it pulled out in only 4H. That's just a small example. I was beyond surprised with what this thing can do, especially for such a heavy vehicle. Only two days of exploring. At some point my phone stopped charging (USB port is hosed) so I called it early. Stupid Samsung products.

Anyways, I took a bunch of pics but here are the Land Cruiser photos which I know you're only interested in :) :

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

Hey tony, what factors helped you decide on which side you wanted your spare tire on? And did you do move your backup camera?

Jason did it automatically but that's what I wanted anyways. Maybe he can chime in on his own reasoning.

My thinking was: the gas tank is on the passenger side. That's 190# in fuel plus the tank/hardware itself. Putting the wheel on the passenger side would just compound the weight on that corner. I didn't feel any weight imbalance while on the trail so maybe it worked.

Yeah I'll have to move the camera. Here's a pic of the what I see. Once I see something on that bottom corner I stop. I haven't hit anything yet:

20170530_103558.jpg

Last edited:
Plan and simple... When I look over my shoulder when passing or backing I don't want to see a big tire blocking my view.... Some say that if you have a flat you'll swing the tire into oncoming traffic... I say, I'll pass thousands of people before I need to change a tire AND why does the swing out need to be open the entire time you are changing the flat. IMO, its a response that piss poor planning and design has come to be regurgitated for the seller. I've had guys demand the tire on the passenger side... BUT, I recommend against it.

Also, if your suspension can't handle the drivers weight and a tire on one side.... You need a new suspension....

I want the most visibility and safety at all times and the tire on the passenger side just doesn't provide it.

J

Plan and simple... When I look over my shoulder when passing or backing I don't want to see a big tire blocking my view.... Some say that if you have a flat you'll swing the tire into oncoming traffic... I say, I'll pass thousands of people before I need to change a tire AND why does the swing out need to be open the entire time you are changing the flat. IMO, its a response that piss poor planning and design has come to be regurgitated for the seller. I've had guys demand the tire on the passenger side... BUT, I recommend against it.

Also, if your suspension can't handle the drivers weight and a tire on one side.... You need a new suspension....

I want the most visibility and safety at all times and the tire on the passenger side just doesn't provide it.

J
Nice, yea I like your reason for looking over your shoulder to look out the back.

I have been going back and forth for months now, and I think you just solidified it for me. Being able to look over my shoulder, out the back is pretty important. Plus weight for what I'm going to carry "should" be close from left and right carriers.

So I'm going to hang my spare off the passenger side, but because on the other side I'm doing to do 3 water cans, then a propane tank on top of that, so that will totally block looking out the back, so if I mount the spare at the height of @Willy beamin rear bumper, I could still do the turn over my shoulder and see out that corner, maybe, guess we'll find out.

Good stuff, sometimes, I just need to hear it from someone else to make sure I'm not crazy. Nice pictures Tony, I'm hoping I can make my way out and run some trails with yea!

Edit: humm, no, I think Jason is right, I have no choice but to put spare on driver, maybe I put propane tank above the spare? No that's sounds terrible. Back to the drawings.

Last edited:
Understandable.

I'm carrying only the tire (no fuel/water, cooler, toolbox combo) 90% of the time. So that corner is a few hundo lighter most of the time.

Either way, whatever works for the driver. Outside of the backup camera I rarely notice the spare in its current location. My mind is generally occupied avoiding Utah drivers and listening to Lithium on SiriusXM wondering where my youth went.

Nice, yea I like your reason for looking over your shoulder to look out the back.

I have been going back and forth for months now, and I think you just solidified it for me. Being able to look over my shoulder, out the back is pretty important. Plus weight for what I'm going to carry "should" be close from left and right carriers.

So I'm going to hang my spare off the passenger side, but because on the other side I'm doing to do 3 water cans, then a propane tank on top of that, so that will totally block looking out the back, so if I mount the spare at the height of @Willy beamin rear bumper, I could still do the turn over my shoulder and see out that corner, maybe, guess we'll find out.

Good stuff, sometimes, I just need to hear it from someone else to make sure I'm not crazy. Nice pictures Tony, I'm hoping I can make my way out and run some trails with yea!

Edit: humm, no, I think Jason is right, I have no choice but to put spare on driver, maybe I put propane tank above the spare? No that's sounds terrible. Back to the drawings.

Let's go. I wanted to go farther down that trail with the washout but I needed a spotter, it got pretty serious. Assuming I can find it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom