Bump It Off Road Rear Bumper with Hitch notch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished installing my new Bio rear bumper on my 99 LC and couldn't be happier with the bumper. Here is the final product with a photo of the notch in the cross member for the hitch option.

0527172010.jpg

0527171245a.jpg

0527171751.jpg

0527171752.jpg

0527171815.jpg

Dig your smoked out tail lights! How did you do it?
Thanks. I used VHT night shades. First I wet sanded with 2000 grit paper, then sprayed the VHT, then wet sanded again, then buffed them with compound. It was allot of work, but it turned out really nice. No orange peel, looks good.

I just finished installing my new Bio rear bumper on my 99 LC and couldn't be happier with the bumper. Here is the final product with a photo of the notch in the cross member for the hitch option.

View attachment 1468212

View attachment 1468213

View attachment 1468214

View attachment 1468215

View attachment 1468216
Nice! I should have mine in the next month or so, I went with the high clearance version. I previously had his regular bump, I also have Mike's sliders and a custom front bump too! Mike does fantastic work!

Nice! I should have mine in the next month or so, I went with the high clearance version. I previously had his regular bump, I also have Mike's sliders and a custom front bump too! Mike does fantastic work!
Oh very nice. How much more clearance do you get with his high clearance bumper? Im planning on doing some rock crawling, but nothing too intense. Wonder if I should have got high clearance instead. Ive got rock sliders from Hefty fabworks going on this week, then eventually the TJM T17 low front bumper.

Oh very nice. How much more clearance do you get with his high clearance bumper? Im planning on doing some rock crawling, but nothing too intense. Wonder if I should have got high clearance instead. Ive got rock sliders from Hefty fabworks going on this week, then eventually the TJM T17 low front bumper.
I can't remember exactly, I can look back at our emails and let you know. It also has a slimmer, less bulkier profile and the bottom of it is cut at a 45 degree angle. That coupled with the fact I am going with a swing out too, provides me with much more ground clearance. Plus, the front bumper he built me was a hybrid, lightweight bumper that used some tubing, which is used in the HC bumper too, so a little better flow in the looks department!

Looks sweet, mine should be ready in a couple of weeks, I ordered the same one, without the second carrier.
Silly question, any difference in the driving dynamics, do you notice the extra weight especially with the tire hanging off the ass end like that

Looks sweet, mine should be ready in a couple of weeks, I ordered the same one, without the second carrier.
Silly question, any difference in the driving dynamics, do you notice the extra weight especially with the tire hanging off the ass end like that
The ride quality improved in my opinion. I have medium duty OME coils and thethey don't feel as bouncy as before. The lift is only 4 months old, so it probably needs some breaking in as well. But over all, the ride is better to me on highway driving. Still need to test off road.

glad someone else asked on your wheel color - really like it - did you just clean & degrease the wheels for prep, or something more elaborate?

0530171443.jpg

These are the products used for the wheels. Here are the basic steps- clean with dish soap/water, dry, scuff wheels with steel wool, clean with alcohol and micro fiber cloth, mask off tire, 2 coats of primer, then 3 coats of gun metal paint, then 2 coats of matte clear coat. This was done with all the wheels removed. It was allot of work, but the results were worth it.

Nice bumper, the entire rig looks really good! Does it fit in the garage? Looks near impossible in that picture.

rjones

Nice bumper, the entire rig looks really good! Does it fit in the garage? Looks near impossible in that picture.

rjones
Thanks. And no, doesn't fit in the garage haha. Maybe if I took the roof rack off, but that's not happening. All good, it stays outside, my girls car goes in the garage..

Looks really awesome. Appears that you have the fixed carrier for the tire, did you consider the adjustable carrier or is that not really necessary with your tire size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom